Anyone miss wade Phillips?

Big_D

Reaction score
and you are confident garrett would be replaced with a better coach? remember the same person is interviewing and choosing this would be coach. the same person that has choosen several other lame coaches.

I'm confident I don't want Garrett here and would much rather weed through some coaches to find the right one. I don't care if things could be worse. They could also be a hell of a lot better. Garrett's game day management is garbage!! Lets find a coach who will get rid of the empty backfield and stop throwing inside the 5. That will be a good start..

viman96

Thread Killer
Reaction score
Wade Phillips as a HC
Career 82-64 .562
As Cowboy HC 34-22 .607

Jason Garrett
67-53 .559

Phillips better as Cowboy coach and for his career than Clapper.

not a fair comparison. wade took over a team reay to win. garrett took over an aging team that required a few units to be rebuilt.

Elusive6thRing

Reaction score
not a fair comparison. wade took over a team reay to win. garrett took over an aging team that required a few units to be rebuilt.

Stop making excuses for clapper. Wade's career head coaching percentage is way better. Garrett has had 8 seasons that's more than enough time you don't rebuild for 8 seasons.

viman96

Thread Killer
Reaction score
I'm confident I don't want Garrett here and would much rather weed through some coaches to find the right one. I don't care if things could be worse. They could also be a hell of a lot better. Garrett's game day management is garbage!! Lets find a coach who will get rid of the empty backfield and stop throwing inside the 5. That will be a good start..

Maybe? Obviously my comment was not in support of garrett.

I have very little faith with Jerry hiring anyone better. He has hired 2 legit coaches. He had no idea about Jimmy but it worked out well for Dallas. Parcels was hired just to get the stadium.

viman96

Thread Killer
Reaction score
Stop making excuses for clapper. Wade's career head coaching percentage is way better. Garrett has had 8 seasons that's more than enough time you don't rebuild for 8 seasons.

you need to read my posts again. i am not defending garrett.

PUSHfold

Reaction score

Yep only been a decade, had the team turned over multiple times, and still needs plenty of work.
How many play off wins again?? It's crazy how no matter what players we have they always seem to have the same problems...

Big_D

Reaction score
Maybe? Obviously my comment was not in support of garrett.

I have very little faith with Jerry hiring anyone better. He has hired 2 legit coaches. He had no idea about Jimmy but it worked out well for Dallas. Parcels was hired just to get the stadium.

All true and Jerry is certainly a gigantic problem, but times have changed with Stephen and McClay. etc Very different from the pre Parcells era. But in Wades defense, Jerrys RW trade and drafting screwed that team. But today this team has talent and it will end up going to waste. Even Jerry will have to face that someday!

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
If Parcells had more fuel in the tank, we definitely make 1-2 Super Bowl runs during that 2007-2010 time frame.

As for Wade, his aw-shucks nice guy personality only lasts for a short period of time as a head coach. It certainly didn't help that Garrett was already on staff as "HC in waiting" and everyone knew it.

As a DC, his performance over multiple decades in the NFL speaks for itself.
Yeah... what could have been.

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
Yep only been a decade, had the team turned over multiple times, and still needs plenty of work.
How many play off wins again?? It's crazy how no matter what players we have they always seem to have the same problems...
Good point.

viman96

Thread Killer
Reaction score

no argument here that garrett has had plenty of time. however that still does not change the fact both took over vastly different teams.

MarionBarberThe4th

Reaction score
  1. Yea this is has nothing to do with the cowboys
    garrett won what 1 playoff game? In 8 years. There’s 11 playoff games won every year. So 88 playoff victories and 1 was his.

JustChip

Reaction score
Ugh, no. At least not as a HC. Yes as a DC except he's a 3-4 guy and our personnel are 4-3 centric.

Remember Wade was the coach that said "we've already won a playoff game" because they had a bye. What a horrible message to send to the team. Soft, non-authoritarian coaches usually see immediate or short-term success after following strong, authoritarian coaches. Wade did following BP and Switzer did following JJ. But it's not a recipe for long-term success. It's the problem with Jerry for the last 2 decades - for all his talk, he's really very lax, for whatever reason you want to think, when it comes to holding players and coaches accountable. Time will tell as Stephen becomes more in control whether this will change.

DcFootball4

Reaction score
It should still be Parcells and wade as DC.

I am really not a fan of the 34. But, if our FO would have built our defense correctly and not just went with Ratliff, I would have been all for it. I think having an undersized NT soured me quite a bit on it. I was, I guess, already pre-soured on the fact that we basically dismantled an already real good D with Zimmer, it was upsetting (to me anyway) to watch Nguyen and Coakley be replaced because they are "undersized"

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
yeah, Wade had his hands tied with a clapping clown and still did better than him...