Anyone not excited about the draft?

CowboyChris

Reaction score
in years past, i couldnt wait till the draft, i would browse the internet for hours getting all the info i could for the upcoming draft, but this year i havent even read one mock except for the one Goose put out a few days ago.

i dunno what it is? maybe this years class isnt getting me excited, i dont think the RB, WR, or CB class is all that great this year, other than Vince Young who i know we will not be getting, no other player excites me at all. i know come next saturday ill be glued to the tv, but till then im hardly excited.

Dale

Forum Architect
Reaction score
I haven't been reading as many mocks, but that goes back the last several years (save last season) for me.

I generally don't like reading a bunch of uneducated opinions on who will be taken as low as 18. In the top 10, I get more giddy to read any and every opinion...but when we're picking near the 20s, it just gets so much harder to guess.

But I am excited. Primarily because I'm hopeful some unexpected high-calibre prospect will fall. And if not, hopefully one of the guys I like will be taken.

My fear, though, is always that I'll get my hopes up only to see them dashed. I think the Stephen Jackson/Kevin Jones draft scarred me for life in that sense. Things worked out pretty well, but still, that draft-day zinger really hurt. :)

Cowboy Junkie

leonargized
Reaction score
I cant wait for the draft to put the final pcs. to the puzzle only thing it will be a long wait til 18

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
I love the draft every yr...even in 00 and 01 when we didnt have a 1st rd pick I loved the draft...always have, always will...

this yr should be even better with NFL network jumping in with FT coverage as well...I cant wait

David

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
I wouldn't say I'm not excited about it but I don't get too worked up for it either. I only care about who the Cowboys pick and where DeAngelo goes.

The30YardSlant

Benched
Reaction score
This years draft class >>>>>> Last years

This draft is also much more unpredictable, last year you pretty much knew the top 4-5 picks, this year with all the trade talk its a crapshoot

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
The last two years I've been able to hold back my "enthusiasm" till a day or two before the draft. No sense getting all fired up over a week in advance.

Not easy to do, but I just focus on things I have/want to do in the nearer future and that usually works.

I'm more excited about watching House tonight then I am about the draft.

By the way, thanks to Mr. Mosely (sp?) for getting me interested in that show. Dr House is the man! :yourock:

cleverusername

Reaction score
CowboyChris said:
in years past, i couldnt wait till the draft, i would browse the internet for hours getting all the info i could for the upcoming draft, but this year i havent even read one mock except for the one Goose put out a few days ago.

i dunno what it is? maybe this years class isnt getting me excited, i dont think the RB, WR, or CB class is all that great this year, other than Vince Young who i know we will not be getting, no other player excites me at all. i know come next saturday ill be glued to the tv, but till then im hardly excited.

The draft is a stupid, boring waste of time!! I am so sick and tired of hearing about it.

DragonCowboy

Reaction score
Actually, I'm more into the draft this year...

Last year, I had no idea who we even drafted lol...

I always used to root for the Cowboys during the regular season, but after a disappointing season, I would just shut the Cowboys out of my life.

I stumbled across this site, and now i have learned that offseasons can be fun also.

Rockytop6

Reaction score
DragonCowboy said:
Actually, I'm more into the draft this year...

Last year, I had no idea who we even drafted lol...

I always used to root for the Cowboys during the regular season, but after a disappointing season, I would just shut the Cowboys out of my life.

I stumbled across this site, and now i have learned that offseasons can be fun also.

I have always enjoyed both the offseason FA and the draft. I subscribe every year for Kiper's report, and have done so for the last 25-30 years. I used to also subscribe to Joel Bushbaum's and also Ourlad. Now I only subscribe to one because the only thing I need from them is the info about all the players.

cleverusername

Reaction score
Raneiron#31 said:
Yeah im excited but i have to go to a dam wedding on draft day. im so mad

I have to play golf for a bachelor party at 12:00 on Sat., But I'm bringing my mp3 player for sure and am trying to decide if my "bad knee" is going to start acting up. I like the guy, but it's the draft.:confused:

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
cowboys fans are probably less excited b/c we dont have a top 10 pick...or 2 first rounders. when was the last time we could say that?

Rudy

Reaction score
I haven't been more excited for a draft ever. This years class is far superb to any in probably the last 5 years.

bobbie brewskie

Reaction score
cleverusername said:
I have to play golf for a bachelor party at 12:00 on Sat., But I'm bringing my mp3 player for sure and am trying to decide if my "bad knee" is going to start acting up. I like the guy, but it's the draft.:confused:

why are you friends with a guy who is skipping the draft to play golf for his bachelor party? arent you supposed to have strippers and all that fun stuff at your bachelor party . . . i mean if your not gonna do all that, you should atleast watch the draft, not go golfing . . . :D jk.