Anyone notice how TO was not moved around in Buffalo?

badleelee

Reaction score
In all of the other games this year, I noticed TO being moved around even in the backfield. Not in buffalo. Will he go back to that formula of being motioned all over the backfield? Seems to work to me.

Vintage

The Cult of Jib
Reaction score
Yeah, it was a bit surprising not to see Owens moved around a bit since we have done so in every other game.

sillycon

Reaction score
Perhaps they didn't want the Pats to see anything to prepare against?

CF74

Vet Min Plus
Reaction score
What was the dealio with those fake reverses?:shoot6:

Tex

Reaction score
sillycon;1704084 said:
Perhaps they didn't want the Pats to see anything to prepare against?

That would work if they only got game tapes of one game. But thats simply not the case.

Tex

RomoFan4ever

Benched
Reaction score
Vintage;1704081 said:
Yeah, it was a bit surprising not to see Owens moved around a bit since we have done so in every other game.

I guess that's why teams don't go undefeated-as much as I really like Garrett this year, he definitely called a bad game on Mon Night, even more so than Romo's performance.

I've noticed even with the best like Indy, even they've had their fair share of bad game planning.

sillycon

Reaction score
Tex;1704115 said:
That would work if they only got game tapes of one game. But thats simply not the case.

Tex

How about the Bills coverage? Did they take away the middle from the Dallas O?

Tusan_Homichi

Heisenberg
Reaction score
sillycon;1704123 said:
How about the Bills coverage? Did they take away the middle from the Dallas O?

I'm still not totally sure what the Bills did that was so confusing to Romo and I haven't heard anyone actually take a look at the coaches tape and say anything about it. I figured the guys on Playbook would, but they're too busy talking about how talent-wise we don't have a chance, but if we "try real hard", we might can win.

sillycon

Reaction score
Ozzu;1704130 said:
I'm still not totally sure what the Bills did that was so confusing to Romo and I haven't heard anyone actually take a look at the coaches tape and say anything about it. I figured the guys on Playbook would, but they're too busy talking about how talent-wise we don't have a chance, but if we "try real hard", we might can win.

I'm not sure they did anything confusing but I'd imagine they'd try to take away the middle from Dallas. Perhaps because of that, Dallas just took what was given and kept TO on the outside.

Tusan_Homichi

Heisenberg
Reaction score
sillycon;1704132 said:
I'm not sure they did anything confusing but I'd imagine they'd try to take away the middle from Dallas. Perhaps because of that, Dallas just took what was given and kept TO on the outside.

Well, I've heard Romo say a couple of times that they showed some things he hadn't seen before. I mean, I know 16 games isn't a ton of experience, but I would think he would have seen something similar by now considering some of the defensive coordinators he's gone up against.

Cowboys22

Reaction score
I noticed this too and made up my mind that the coaches actually took this game lightly. They put in a very basic gameplan thinking it would be an easy win. It wouldn't even surprise me if they worked on NE a little in practice last week. When coaches do this its obvious to the players. I think the players ended up taking the game lightly because they could tell by the gameplan that the coaches were doing the same. Then they got there, the Bills were fired up and showing some different looks on D then they had prepared for. It took them by total surprise and they got behind early. Having to play catchup the entire game, they pressed a little trying to push the ball downfield instead of taking what the D gave them. This led to the continued turnovers. Finally, in the fourth they began to get it more together. The real heros of the game are the entire defense. They didn't give them anything and kept the team in the game.

lurkercowboy

Reaction score
Vintage;1704081 said:

The Rams game was like this too.

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
Love him or hate him... If we dont have him in motion a couple of times a game... he will have drops... thats who he is.... on the outside all the time going up for the ball.... those plays have to be mixed in with high percentage TO plays.... he doesnt get into rhythm on all those decoy and deep plays.... the slants and motion plays would help Romo and TO get into sync together also.... I believe

Angus

Reaction score
Cowboys22;1704213 said:
I noticed this too and made up my mind that the coaches actually took this game lightly. They put in a very basic gameplan thinking it would be an easy win. It wouldn't even surprise me if they worked on NE a little in practice last week. When coaches do this its obvious to the players. I think the players ended up taking the game lightly because they could tell by the gameplan that the coaches were doing the same. Then they got there, the Bills were fired up and showing some different looks on D then they had prepared for. It took them by total surprise and they got behind early. Having to play catchup the entire game, they pressed a little trying to push the ball downfield instead of taking what the D gave them. This led to the continued turnovers. Finally, in the fourth they began to get it more together. The real heros of the game are the entire defense. They didn't give them anything and kept the team in the game.

Good post.

:star:

deepBLUE

Reaction score
i was screaming it during the game........and emailed the question to spagnola, after the game........

owens wasn't in motion much the week before, either.......i really don't have an explanation..........
:patriots:

sago1

Reaction score
There's a lot about that game I don't understand. Yes I noticed Owens was in motion, also wondered what Ellis was doing, OL has had better games & of course Romo's play. Just glad we won and sure hope we never see another game like that again.

Must admit to being worried about Romo.

RomoFan4ever

Benched
Reaction score
deepBLUE;1704331 said:
i was screaming it during the game........and emailed the question to spagnola, after the game........

owens wasn't in motion much the week before, either.......i really don't have an explanation..........
:patriots:

With a depleted back 7, Garrett probably thought running deep routes and stretching the field would put the nail in Buf's coffins. However-I too was surprised by the wrinkles the Buff D put out there(i.e. faking blitzes then dropping back Cover 3).

To me, it was just a bad game plan to start, and dug us an early hole-I guess that's why teams don't go undefeated, even coaches will have their off games, not just players.