Anyone notice how TO was not moved around in Buffalo?

deepBLUE

Reaction score
RomoFan4ever;1704338 said:
With a depleted back 7, Garrett probably thought running deep routes and stretching the field would put the nail in Buf's coffins. However-I too was surprised by the wrinkles the Buff D put out there(i.e. faking blitzes then dropping back Cover 3).

To me, it was just a bad game plan to start, and dug us an early hole-I guess that's why teams don't go undefeated, even coaches will have their off games, not just players.
maybe you're right.......but i was further surprised that garrett didn't try to calm romo down earlier.......by throwing a lot of short passes underneath. that whole game mystified me.......

of course, with that many picks.......any game plan, etc. will be in disarray.......

RomoFan4ever

Benched
Reaction score
deepBLUE;1704344 said:
maybe you're right.......but i was further surprised that garrett didn't try to calm romo down earlier.......by throwing a lot of short passes underneath. that whole game mystified me.......

of course, with that many picks.......any game plan, etc. will be in disarray.......

On that second drive after the pick, I thought Garrett was starting to make adjustments-we got TWO nice runs from JJ(for a change, the run game was showing promise early), but it was before that short pass to Witten in the flat that got picked.

It looked like to me it was more execution that anything else-Romo, again, tried to force it when he had short underneath open at the same time.

With that being said-I'm glad Wade Wilson is back-if he was on the sidelines, Romo would likely have calmed down much earlier, instead of continuing to press.

deepBLUE

Reaction score
RomoFan4ever;1704350 said:
On that second drive after the pick, I thought Garrett was starting to make adjustments-we got TWO nice runs from JJ(for a change, the run game was showing promise early), but it was before that short pass to Witten in the flat that got picked.

It looked like to me it was more execution that anything else-Romo, again, tried to force it when he had short underneath open at the same time.

With that being said-I'm glad Wade Wilson is back-if he was on the sidelines, Romo would likely have calmed down much earlier, instead of continuing to press.
yeah, witten was never open on that play......never should have been thrown. i swear, romo's head was somewhere else, that game. we had underneath stuff open all day......we finally started taking advantage in the 2nd half (romo......note to self: always take what the d gives you)......

yes, wilson's return can only be a good thing. the punishment was too harsh.......

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
RomoFan4ever;1704117 said:
I guess that's why teams don't go undefeated-as much as I really like Garrett this year, he definitely called a bad game on Mon Night, even more so than Romo's performance.

I've noticed even with the best like Indy, even they've had their fair share of bad game planning.

In the spirit of contradicting this every time I see it in print, Garrett did not call a bad game against the Bills. There's very little you can call to compensate for 6 TOs from your starting QB. We adjusted to what the Bills were doing, and still managed to put up 300+ yards in the air at the end of 4 quarters. Can you imagine what the offensive production would have looked like minus the miscues?

mitchell2254

Reaction score
Garrett will open it up this week. I would expect constant movement this week.

badleelee

Reaction score
mitchell2254;1704424 said:
Garrett will open it up this week. I would expect constant movement this week.

So u think garrett was playing possum against the bills.

cowboys19

Reaction score
Garrett called the game fine IMO. he cant force the QB to throw it short or long. Tony needs to do a better job not turning the ball over tomorrow.

Da Hammer

The Natural
Reaction score
T.O in motion will be HUGE against the Pats. if we put him in one spot all game the Pats will shut him down...

WarC

Reaction score
This thread got me thinking...

...If its true that Garrett has been running a more constrictive O the last two weeks against the Rams and the Bills, maybe there is some weight to the idea that they did it as a way to hide some of the more exotic plays.

With all this talk of how great Belichick is at confusing opposing QB's,
This game will more or less be the first true test of Garrett's ability to master the coordinator's job.

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
WarC;1704636 said:
This thread got me thinking...

...If its true that Garrett has been running a more constrictive O the last two weeks against the Rams and the Bills, maybe there is some weight to the idea that they did it as a way to hide some of the more exotic plays.

With all this talk of how great Belichick is at confusing opposing QB's,
This game will more or less be the first true test of Garrett's ability to master the coordinator's job.

Garrett is using the "RedStink Plan"...he's calling bad game plans so that when the real competition comes to town he can unleash the fury! :laugh2:

SlwSVT

Reaction score
If you think about it, a basic game plan would of work if Romo did not throw 2 picks for touchdowns. Our D only gave up 3 points. The coaches knew that the Buffalo offense was horrid. Without the 2 pick 6's we win by at least 2 touchdowns and that is not even considering the return TD. I think it would of been smart and tactical to have a simple plan against Buffalo, knowing that the Pats were looking in at that game. It is just that Romo needs not to force the throws and take the check downs to the RB's. RB's were open all night!