Anyone notice the game isn't going to be live for some DirecTv Members? *Merge*

Draegerman

Internet Somebody
Reaction score
Last week, I preset my dvr for the Cowboys/Chargers game on DirecTv and then I skipped ahead to the following week to prep it to record the game against the Broncos. Everything was all set but when I verified it today I noticed that the Cowboys/Broncos game has now been replaced by the Skins and Jets. The NFL Network's website still list the Cowboys/Broncos game for their live feed at 9:00 pm est:

http://www.nfl.com/nflnetwork/netwo...st&field=selectedDate&selectedDate=08/16/2008

But my DirecTv menu screen begs to differ. Anyone else with DirecTv notice this too? I have this dreadful feeling we've lost out on a golden opportunity to watch a live Cowboys game thanks in large part to the on-going Farve soap opera saga.

Mr Cowboy

Reaction score
They are advertising the heck out of the Jets game next week because Favre will be making his debut with the Jets..............nothing in the NFL is more important that Lord Favre, in case you have been in a cave the past month or so.

So NO they will not show any other games as long as Favre is playing any pre-season games.

speedkilz88

Reaction score
I just checked the msn tvguide, your right. Goddell screwed the Cowboys once again and dumped them for the Jet Farve game.

(But the title you chose is really a poor choice because a lot of fans will probably miss it)

Draegerman

Internet Somebody
Reaction score
I chose this title because I wasn't sure if our game had really been pulled in favor of the Jets/Skins game - and didn't want to cause a panic without having it verified first.

With that said, I'm surprised more people haven't discovered that we have officially been jobbed by the NFL Network due to this Brett Favre mess. Living outside of their region, it sucks not getting the game live (especially as a NFL Sunday Ticket subscriber).

Achozen

Sounds From The Lair
Reaction score
There's a thread in the OT forum that says the Jets game is gonna be aired instead of our game.

Is there gonna be any way to watch the game live? We might as well plan ahead. :D

TNCowboy

Double Trouble
Reaction score
Achozen;2187857 said:
There's a thread in the OT forum that says the Jets game is gonna be aired instead of our game.

Is there gonna be any way to watch the game live? We might as well plan ahead. :D
Perhaps, but NFL.com still shows the Dallas game as being live on Sat. night.

dogberry

Reaction score
Adam posted a link to channelsurfing.net. Worked great for me. Could watch on the computer, and follow comments on the Zone. I also had a choice here in OK City of watching ch 34 over the air.

speedkilz88

Reaction score
channelsurfing.net had a link to the DFW feed last game, so that would be a good place to look on gameday.

speedkilz88

Reaction score
Double Trouble;2187866 said:
Perhaps, but NFL.com still shows the Dallas game as being live on Sat. night.
I checked the msn tv guide(and yahoo) and the Jet Favre game has replaced it. Someone else checked their directv guide.

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
Achozen;2187857 said:

Go to a sportsbar that has the big dish....

David

bbgun

Benched
Reaction score
I heard that the CBS affiliate in GB will be showing nothing but Jets games, even if there's a more attractive AFC game to broadcast.

Cajuncowboy

Preacher From The Black Lagoon
Reaction score
FWIW, It might be on sopcast. I'd check with stargazer. I think he sets that up somehow with his site. I could be wrong though.

Achozen

Sounds From The Lair
Reaction score
Hopefully someone with a local broadcast will stream it.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Here is the NFL Network schedule for this Saturday.........

Saturday, August 16, 2008

All Times Eastern

6:00 AM TOP 10 "The Posse," "Air Coryell," "The Marks Brothers" and "The Greatest Show on Turf," are included among the NFL's Top 10 receiving corps of all time.

7:00 AM TOP 10 Television, free agency and the "West Coast Offense" are all major changes in the game of football. NFL's Top 10 debates the biggest game-changers.8:00 AMTOP 10 You're down by six on your own 20-yard line with two minutes to go, who do you want as your quarterback? NFL's Top 10 ranks the best clutch quarterbacks of all time including Johnny Unitas, Joe Montana and John Elway.

9:00 AM NFL PRESEASON GAME 2008 NFL Preseason Game: Pittsburgh Steelers vs. Buffalo Bills - from the Rogers Center in Toronto, Canada.

12:00 PM NFL CLASSIC GAMES Cleveland Browns vs. Pittsburgh Steelers (1/5/03) - Led by quarterback Tommy Maddox, the Steelers scored 29 points in the final 19 minutes of the 2002 AFC Wild Card game to defeat the Cleveland Browns 36-33. Maddox, the NFL Comeback Player of the Year, passed for 367 yards and three touchdowns.

3:00 PM NFL CLASSIC GAMES Cincinnati Bengals vs. Green Bay Packers (9/20/1992) - Favre's First Comeback: Brett Favre took over the quarterback job in relief of injured starter Don Majkowski to engineer a 24-23 comeback victory against the Bengals. He was 22-for-39 passing that day for 289 yards and two touchdowns.

6:00 PM NFL PRESEASON GAME 2008 NFL Preseason Game: Pittsburgh Steelers vs. Buffalo Bills - from the Rogers Center in Toronto, Canada.

9:00 PM NFL PRESEASON GAME LIVE 2008 NFL Preseason Game: Dallas Cowboys vs. Denver Broncos (LIVE)

12:00 AM NFL PRESEASON GAME 2008 NFL Preseason Game: Arizona Cardinals vs. Kansas City Chiefs

3:00 AM NFL PRESEASON GAME 2008 NFL Preseason Game: San Diego Chargers vs. St. Louis Rams

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Achozen;2188157 said:
That was scheduled before the whole Favre fiasco.
I just pulled it when I posted it.

So if it's changed, they have not updated their web site.

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
My guide now shows the Jets game as well as being "live"

however the Cowboys/Broncos replay is on there for Sunday afternoon

David