Anyone notice the muzzle on Kiper

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
They seemed to spend more time this year talking about previous picks rather than the teams on the clock and their needs / best available.
Or records, Wingo was over the top on records being set like he was part of it.

Aerolithe_Lion

Reaction score
I still think Kiper is the most enjoyable analyst to watch. No, he’s not always right and sometimes he’s very wrong. But his zeal is admirable and he clearly puts a lot more time into this than most of the other guys. He has energy you don’t get from Mcshay or Mayock. It’s still entertainment; entertain me.

VACowboy

Reaction score
Same. As I wanted to see what everyone else was thinking nationally..

Tonight though Ill be listening to the Cowboys show to hear brugler, BB and Dave as the cowboys will actually be picking
This. They are knowledgable and all they talk about is players and teams. There's no human interest BS and very few commercial breaks (one or two all night last night). I don't know where they get their info but they were giving trade details as the trades were announced, as well as whispers they were hearing and of course all kinds of Cowboys related stuff all the time. If you want a slick production stick to the networks. If you want 100% draft talk by well informed guys with access and insight into the Cowboys, watch Draft Day Live.

dcstar

Reaction score
I still think Kiper is the most enjoyable analyst to watch. No, he’s not always right and sometimes he’s very wrong. But his zeal is admirable and he clearly puts a lot more time into this than most of the other guys. He has energy you don’t get from Mcshay or Mayock. It’s still entertainment; entertain me.

None of these so called "experts" are right any more than you or I...with that said...

The one thing I admire Mr Kiper for...he started doing this wayyyy back when nobody else was doing it and he definitely wasn't popular. He made his own gig...so good for him. Carved out a niche...McShay et.al. owe him a small thanks if nothing else.

Yeah, yeah...Jimmy the Greek...his slant was more to the thugs in Vegas...not the same animal as what Mr. Kiper was trying to do.

With that said...could care less what Kiper, McShay, Mayock et.al. have to say...I have my own lists and thoughts.

Go Cowboys!

Kaiser

Reaction score
Between Wingo, Riddick, and Booger....Kiper had very little input except for a short player analysis after some of the picks last night.

Mel Kipper is getting much less air time on these broadcasts.

On a completely unrelated note, networks spend millions of dollars on analytics to know how annoying their on camera talent is.

Kaiser

Reaction score
The one thing I admire Mr Kiper for...he started doing this wayyyy back when nobody else was doing it and he definitely wasn't popular. He made his own gig...so good for him. Carved out a niche...McShay et.al. owe him a small thanks if nothing else.

That's true but Kiper was only in that position because he did more homework than others and he looked presentable on camera. Joel Buschbaum was the same kind of self-made guy and was 100 times better in talent evaluation, but he was kind of a recluse that didn't want the limelight.

NFL front offices have always thought of Kiper as a joke, the listened to Buschbaum and paid him. Bill Belichick came to his funeral.

boysfaninMI

Reaction score

I'll take your word for it. This is the first year I"ve missed the first round in about.....25 years probably. Watched a movie with my son. Pretty good one too. Followed it SOME on this board but I may peak tonight as we actually have a pick at 58. McShay is an insufferabe Dbag BTW. I could go the rest of my days without seeing or hearing him again and be just fine with that.

boysfaninMI

Reaction score
That's true but Kiper was only in that position because he did more homework than others and he looked presentable on camera. Joel Buschbaum was the same kind of self-made guy and was 100 times better in talent evaluation, but he was kind of a recluse that didn't want the limelight.

NFL front offices have always thought of Kiper as a joke, the listened to Buschbaum and paid him. Bill Belichick came to his funeral.

I know Bill Tobin was a BIG fan

The 'feud' those two had was........laughable among other things

Kaiser

Reaction score
I know Bill Tobin was a BIG fan

The 'feud' those two had was........laughable among other things

Exactly, the core issue was Mel Kiper losing it because Indy didn't draft Trent Dilfer in the top five.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
Yeah, he was quiet, made sure not to be negative about anything. I kinda miss the days when he would go off on teams and GMs, lol.

Times change

RoboQB

Reaction score
ESPN is awful across the board. I watch NFL Network.

When you go to a steakhouse, you order a steak.
ESPN is like a processed chicken tenders basket
with cold and stale fries.

shabazz

Reaction score
We may be noticing a toupee on Kiper next year. He might want to contact Jason Witten and see if he can borrow his hairpiece.

Dak is in line for one too. That forehead is getting bigger every day. Romo still has a full head of hair