Anyone playing pickleball?

Crazed Liotta Eyes

Reaction score
We got any pickleball players here? Supposedly the fastest growing sport in America. I used to be ok at tennis and really good at ping pong. Been thinking about giving it a try for personal and professional reasons.

nobody

Reaction score
There's a pickleball court in Bear Creek Park in Keller, Texas. I've seen it several times but never played. It seems pretty popular there.

Jammer

Retired Air Force Guy
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
My wife and I play it. It's really fun. I had minor knee surgery a couple of months ago and after I warm up I'm good to go. The only problem around here is it gets too hot and humid most of the year so the times you can play are limited unless your idea of fun is losing a couple of gallons of sweat in the middle of the day. There are indoor courts around, but good luck getting good times when they're available. A lot of the tennis courts were converted to pickleball. The tennis courts were hardly used, but not the pickleball courts. They're packed.

nobody

Reaction score
My wife and I play it. It's really fun. I had minor knee surgery a couple of months ago and after I warm up I'm good to go. The only problem around here is it gets too hot and humid most of the year so the times you can play are limited unless your idea of fun is losing a couple of gallons of sweat in the middle of the day. There are indoor courts around, but good luck getting good times when they're available. A lot of the tennis courts were converted to pickleball. The tennis courts were hardly used, but not the pickleball courts. They're packed.
Weird. Before I moved, I used to live near a park with two tennis ball courts. They were used all of the time for tennis. Though I think that might be because aside from some high schools miles away, there were very few public tennis courts.

Crazed Liotta Eyes

Reaction score
It's interesting that a lot of tennis players apparently hate pickleball, mainly because tennis courts are getting replaced. Some homeowners are pushing back too because of the noise. The distinctive "whack" of the paddle hitting the ball and the fact that there is a lot more banter with the courts being smaller. Also, that doubles is way more popular so you get 4 people talking.

Creeper

Reaction score
A lot of people talk about this game, especially in California. I am not a fan of racket sports. My inclination is to swing for the fences! :) Actually, I can't find the time to play my favorite participation sport, golf. But there are towns around me in NJ that are building pickle ball courts.

Crazed Liotta Eyes

Reaction score
A lot of people talk about this game, especially in California. I am not a fan of racket sports. My inclination is to swing for the fences! :) Actually, I can't find the time to play my favorite participation sport, golf. But there are towns around me in NJ that are building pickle ball courts.
Careful now, pickleball players get upset when you call it a racket. It's a "big *** paddle" in pickleball. I should mention that the pro matches are pretty entertaining, especially the doubles. Lots of high-speed volleys at the kitchen line make for some cool points. The biggest issue I see with the pro game at this point is that one male and one female player are dominating too much. The top male player just turned 24 and the top female player just turned 16 so it's not likely to change anytime soon. They even partner up in the mixed doubles matches. Don't ask me why I know all this since I still haven't played pickleball. Lol.