anyone see Sin city

diehard2294

America's Team
Reaction score
I saw it yesterday, def. different,cool in many ways. Jessica Alba(speechless) I think it's worth seeing IMO.

Wraith584

Benched
Reaction score
hell yes I saw it the night it came out with my g/f

it was pretty much freakin badass

I'm seeing it again tonight with one of my other groups of friends

Kevinicus

Reaction score
Yeah I saw it Friday night...not sure what I think of it. There are lots of parts I really liked a lot individually, but as a whole I'm not sure. I don't think it is something I would watch many more times. It's a little longer than it needs to be, and as far as telling a story/stories, it was pretty incomplete.

diehard2294

America's Team
Reaction score
ChldsPlay said:
Yeah I saw it Friday night...not sure what I think of it. There are lots of parts I really liked a lot individually, but as a whole I'm not sure. I don't think it is something I would watch many more times. It's a little longer than it needs to be, and as far as telling a story/stories, it was pretty incomplete.
I pretty much felt the same way, I guess it depends what your looking for.

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
I hate Robert Rodrigues. He turned down Jessica Alba's offer to play the part topless :mad:

What kind of friggen idiot does that?????? /sarcasm

LaTunaNostra

He Made the Difference
Reaction score
I saw it Friday night...and I hate films based on that euphemism for comic books, "graphic novels". War and Peace and The Great Gatsby are NOVELs. Batman, Hellboy, and even Ghost World are freaking COMIC BOOKS. :)

But what I read about Mickey Rourke's performance, the Rodriguez defect from the Screen Actor's Guild over this Frank Miller's "dissing", the overall cast and the Taratantinoeque intertwining of stories, plus my hubby's avid interest in the technology involved (pretty fascinating stuff..filming on green background and filling in the frames digitally is how I gather it was done) was incentive enough.

I don't know how true the stories were to the comic books, but it was as visually compelling a film as I've ever seen. Amaxing stuff.

And Rourke was incredible. :)

Crown Royal

Insulin Beware
Reaction score
LaTunaNostra said:
I saw it Friday night...and I hate films based on that euphemism for comic books, "graphic novels". War and Peace and The Great Gatsby are NOVELs. Batman, Hellboy, and even Ghost World are freaking COMIC BOOKS. :)

But what I read about Mickey Rourke's performance, the Rodriguez defect from the Screen Actor's Guild over this Frank Miller's "dissing", the overall cast and the Taratantinoeque intertwining of stories, plus my hubby's avid interest in the technology involved (pretty fascinating stuff..filming on green background and filling in the frames digitally is how I gather it was done) was incentive enough.

I don't know how true the stories were to the comic books, but it was as visually compelling a film as I've ever seen. Amaxing stuff.

And Rourke was incredible. :)

The Great Gatsby was an average novel that made a below average to bad movie.

Aikmaniac

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I saw it Friday night. Not what I'd call a "date movie". I liked it, however my girlfriend didn't enjoy the "hatchet to the crouch"-type action. I thought it was very innovative but a little gory...to the point of being funny. I've never heard of the comics/graphic novels until now so everything came as a surprise.

Mickey Rourke did do an awesome job...so did his parolle officer ;).

Overall it was a good guy movie. Not much there for the ladies to enjoy.

Kangaroo

Reaction score
Crown Royal said:
The Great Gatsby was an average novel that made a below average to bad movie.

The Great Gatsby was dull boring and took me all freakin semester to read it and I had to force myself to do it (one of the worse books I ever read). I read technical manuals that where more interesting.