Anyone still subscribe to a newspaper? If so why?

jubal

Reaction score
Took the local all my life then moved to the boonies and tried to get the Sunday
delivered.I received it all right ,not on Monday but the next Monday after the following Sunday. So just picked one up once in a while.
Moved to town and now signed up for Fort Worth Star Telegram,after 13 years of nothing but local news of a town 45 miles away,and little Cowboy news on the tv. I now get the local news of a town 25 miles away but pages of Cowboys news and lots of pictures. Tried to read the Dallas Morning News on the pc but they wanted me to subscribe to the sports news. Once in awhile the Weatherford Democrat is inserted in my paper and catches me up.
Thinking of taking the Democrat after my subscription runs out. It is less than 20.dollars a month,and I get all the Cowboy news,interviews,and special Boys shows on the 5 news channels from the Metroplex. To make sure I get my money's worth I read about everything,or at least scan and pick up the good stuff. Like others on here I get irritated with the way the quality has dropped off,for instance,reported Dallas LOST three to nothing, while telling about Witten having a torn spleen. Don't even proof read their own story or have it checked. Plus certain ads I'm interested in. Also the comics have changed but are still good for a chuckle.

Duane

Reaction score
We used to get the Sunday paper for the coupons and weekly ads but recently stopped.