Anyone Still Think Hardy is Gone After the Year?

AzorAhai

Reaction score
I saw it posted over and over before the season how Hardy was only a rental, no need to re-sign him, we'll have enough pass rushers with Gregory and Lawrence, etc. I always thought this was absurd and thought so while thinking Gregory and Lawrence would be good pass rushers. Quite frankly, Lawrence is not at this point. Maybe he develops, maybe not. I'm pretty dang confident he won't ever become a Greg Hardy level player because most DE's don't.

KingLerxst

Reaction score
Too many variables to say one way or the other right now. But it will depend mostly on what the salary cap looks like. And how much he's going to command/demand. We've all seen Stephen is willing to let just about anybody walk if the money doesn't seem right. But a young stud at the second most important position on the team? It'll be interesting to watch it play out.

SportsGuru80

CowboysYanksLakers
Reaction score
Naa I think Dallas will be smart enough to sign him to a legit deal because he brings nasty to an otherwise less than mean defense...

TonyRomo17

Reaction score
I saw it posted over and over before the season how Hardy was only a rental, no need to re-sign him, we'll have enough pass rushers with Gregory and Lawrence, etc. I always thought this was absurd and thought so while thinking Gregory and Lawrence would be good pass rushers. Quite frankly, Lawrence is not at this point. Maybe he develops, maybe not. I'm pretty dang confident he won't ever become a Greg Hardy level player because most DE's don't.

Lawrence is a good player but he isnt athletic enough to have a high celing like Gregory or be as a good as Hardy,

CowboyStar88

Reaction score
Lawrence is a good player but he isnt athletic enough to have a high celing like Gregory or be as a good as Hardy,

I think Dlaw will be more in the mold of Tony Tolbert. Steady player who when isn't the focus of the line can make plays but not flashy

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
Too many variables to say one way or the other right now. But it will depend mostly on what the salary cap looks like. And how much he's going to command/demand. We've all seen Stephen is willing to let just about anybody walk if the money doesn't seem right. But a young stud at the second most important position on the team? It'll be interesting to watch it play out.

Most intelligent post I've read all day.
Now I'm starting to dislike you...

AzorAhai

Reaction score

No, no he doesn't. He'll be good in a rotation/backup role, but that's not what people were expecting this season. I saw plenty of people thinking he was some 10+ sack player and he along with Gregory would make Hardy redundant/non-priority.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Hardy has indicated he wants to be a Cowboy long term.

The Cowboys have indicated they want Hardy to be a Cowboy long term.

He ain't going anywhere.

RS12

Reaction score
Anyone Still Think Hardy is Gone After the Year?

I never thought it in the first place, but I;d like to see him play an actual game first.

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
I hope Hardy comes in ready to play and in game shape.

Don't you just know he's been watching his teammates and he's foaming at the mouth right now.
I bet he's hitting things as I type.

Don't go sideways on me, my brothers...

AzorAhai

Reaction score
Hardy has indicated he wants to be a Cowboy long term.

The Cowboys have indicated they want Hardy to be a Cowboy long term.

He ain't going anywhere.

Oh I completely agree. It just drove me nuts how people were thinking we could just let him go so easily. Like he was some easily replaced JAG. I posted a while back that Gregory AND Lawrence would have to have had dominant seasons for me to even consider letting him go, and I probably still would have wanted him back here. You don't let young, elite pass rushers go. Period.

TonyRomo17

Reaction score
No, no he doesn't. He'll be good in a rotation/backup role, but that's not what people were expecting this season. I saw plenty of people thinking he was some 10+ sack player and he along with Gregory would make Hardy redundant/non-priority.

I think he can be an 8 sack guy if he plays a full season with gregory/hardy rushing with him

Aven8

Reaction score
Depends on what he does IMO. 4 sacks? Forget it. We will see.

But this team needs a WR, or two, and a good RB. Plus a OT. Lots of $$

dallasdave

Reaction score

No, Hardy will be here next year !!!