Anyone still think the Rams game is a pushover?

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Tried to warn some of you. Like always, some get offended and don't listen.

Oline was definitely a problem as predicted, but I actually thought they played good enough to win.

Zeke is the only guy I will stick up for in this win. He looked a different breed then he looked at the beginning of last year. Maybe that stupid tattoo on his stomach motivated him.

Defense to me was just completely deflating. Any chance for a great season is out the window with that bunch. Although backing into the playoffs by winning the horrible NFC East is certainly possible as always.

For those that don't want to pay Dak 35 million he certainly proved them right on this day. He wasn't bad, but he wasn't worth 35 million either.

MM for at least one game was Garrett squared. Moore gets a D- and was a huge disappiontment for this game.

With Atlanta and Seattle up the next two weeks I could see 0-3. If we can recover and go 2-1 I can say we would be back on course, but with this D nearly every week will be a struggle. I was hoping for some easly blow out wins.

Aven8

Reaction score
Good news for this D is they have a statue coming to town next week. They should be able to pressure him at least.

BobbyFlame469

Reaction score
This loss will be good. McCarthy will take over the offense and realize toes aren’t needed to walk

CWR

Reaction score
Being optimistic, and predicting a win didn't mean the Rams were push overs.

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
What is the most frustrating is that despite a new head coach, assistant coaches and players, it's STILL THE SAME PROBLEMS that caused the loss, to wit:

Cowboys lousy at third downs, opponent great at third downs.
Coaching decisions - continually throwing short of the first down marker on third down and expecting the receiver to break tackles or out juke defenders to make yac
Stupid penalties, like Griffin's early offsides, yet another false start on T. Smith (no crowd, only piped in sound, and he can't hear or doesn't know the snap count!?).
Run defense sucks, 153 yards this game.
Missed throws at critical junctions, every quarterback misses throws but why do we do it when it hurts the most? (And that goes back to Romo as well as Dak).

That's why I said just a month or so ago, have no faith this team can return to SB competitiveness, until they show me things have changed. It's only one game, I certainly am not giving up on this team, may take a game or two for the new people to "get their sea legs", but after this game I see no reason for faith, still in wait and see mode....

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
This loss will be good. McCarthy will take over the offense and realize toes aren’t needed to walk

Don't agree, I think this team was thinking with the addition of Lamb, and other factors, that this offense would be scoring points and racking up yards by the bushel basket full.

Yet only 17 pts.

This will, imho, be a big blow to most of the team, as I said in my other post just a few minutes, ago, it's "business as usual", and not in a good way.

But you may be right, I'm not on the team, hopefully it's just all the new people on the team and the lack of pre-season games. I'll wait and see...

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
What is the most frustrating is that despite a new head coach, assistant coaches and players, it's STILL THE SAME PROBLEMS that caused the loss, to wit:

Cowboys lousy at third downs, opponent great at third downs.
Coaching decisions - continually throwing short of the first down marker on third down and expecting the receiver to break tackles or out juke defenders to make yac
Stupid penalties, like Griffin's early offsides, yet another false start on T. Smith (no crowd, only piped in sound, and he can't hear or doesn't know the snap count!?).
Run defense sucks, 153 yards this game.
Missed throws at critical junctions, every quarterback misses throws but why do we do it when it hurts the most? (And that goes back to Romo as well as Dak).

That's why I said just a month or so ago, have no faith this team can return to SB competitiveness, until they show me things have changed. It's only one game, I certainly am not giving up on this team, may take a game or two for the new people to "get their sea legs", but after this game I see no reason for faith, still in wait and see mode....

This team will never be a true contender until this defense is quality. Its been the problem for 15 years for the most part. Longer.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Don't agree, I think this team was thinking with the addition of Lamb, and other factors, that this offense would be scoring points and racking up yards by the bushel basket full.

Yet only 17 pts.

This will, imho, be a big blow to most of the team, as I said in my other post just a few minutes, ago, it's "business as usual", and not in a good way.

But you may be right, I'm not on the team, hopefully it's just all the new people on the team and the lack of pre-season games. I'll wait and see...

What the Rams proved today is that they still have better coaching than we do.

Northern_Cowboy

Reaction score
Tried to warn some of you. Like always, some get offended and don't listen.

Oline was definitely a problem as predicted, but I actually thought they played good enough to win.

Zeke is the only guy I will stick up for in this win. He looked a different breed then he looked at the beginning of last year. Maybe that stupid tattoo on his stomach motivated him.

Defense to me was just completely deflating. Any chance for a great season is out the window with that bunch. Although backing into the playoffs by winning the horrible NFC East is certainly possible as always.

For those that don't want to pay Dak 35 million he certainly proved them right on this day. He wasn't bad, but he wasn't worth 35 million either.

MM for at least one game was Garrett squared. Moore gets a D- and was a huge disappiontment for this game.

With Atlanta and Seattle up the next two weeks I could see 0-3. If we can recover and go 2-1 I can say we would be back on course, but with this D nearly every week will be a struggle. I was hoping for some easly blow out wins.

I for one predicted a low scoring game (17-14 for the Rams) and i said Brockers and Donald would spend alot of time in our backfield

Diehardblues

Reaction score
I thought all we needed was great coaching .

4th and 3 is like icing the kicker. Lol

Pick up a Dallas paper and read what real critics are writing.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
I for one predicted a low scoring game (17-14 for the Rams) and i said Brockers and Donald would spend alot of time in our backfield

I posted at least two threads about the Oline and was pelted with plenty of "what Oline issues? We will be fine!!!!!"

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
I posted at least two threads about the Oline and was pelted with plenty of "what Oline issues? We will be fine!!!!!"

That's a stock answer from some people, who don't or won't take the time to make any evaluations, lol.

To wit:
T. Smith, while still good, is not the Smith of just a few years ago.
Connor Williams was, is not, an NFL-caliber guard.
Looney is no Frederick.
Martin is Martin, at least one bright spot.
No Collins, his replacement is also not NFL-caliber stock.

In conclusion, this line is a long way from the line of just a few years ago, average, maybe a bit above average, but that's all...

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
That's a stock answer from some people, who don't or won't take the time to make any evaluations, lol.

To wit:
T. Smith, while still good, is not the Smith of just a few years ago.
Connor Williams was, is not, an NFL-caliber guard.
Looney is no Frederick.
Martin is Martin, at least one bright spot.
No Collins, his replacement is also not NFL-caliber stock.

In conclusion, this line is a long way from the line of just a few years ago, average, maybe a bit above average, but that's all...

I actually thought Williams played good last night. But when you have a FA rookie playing RT, its over. And looney simply doesn't cut it at center.

MikeB80

Reaction score
Good news for this D is they have a statue coming to town next week. They should be able to pressure him at least.

the guy stands in there and throws darts. He threw for 450 yards on imo maybe the best secondary in the nfc and maybe the best team in the nfc.

It is going to be like taking candy from a baby next sunday. Ryan is going to throw it all over the building.

Hardline

Reaction score
Don't pay yourself on the back too hard. You weren't the only one saying that.