Anyone tried Chlorella or Spirulina?

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Just wondering if you noticed any benefits from this stuff?

sureletsrace

Official CZ Homer
Reaction score
Drink both of them often. Bolthouse Farms makes a drink called Green Goodness that has both of them in it. It's delicious. As to the health benefits, there are none that I can speak of but again I do not take them religiously. They are however classified as superfoods that are supposed to be incredibly good for your body.

I've been curious about getting into them more consistently too. Let me know if you hear anything good/bad or how your experience with them goes.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
sureletsrace;4895337 said:
Drink both of them often. Bolthouse Farms makes a drink called Green Goodness that has both of them in it. It's delicious. As to the health benefits, there are none that I can speak of but again I do not take them religiously. They are however classified as superfoods that are supposed to be incredibly good for your body.

I've been curious about getting into them more consistently too. Let me know if you hear anything good/bad or how your experience with them goes

Yeah.. Im kinda peaking around but I haven't found anything I have to have.

I already take a bunch of other supps plus I eat a bunch of fruit and veggies so I really don't know if it's going to put me on another level of health or not.

Seven

Messenger to the football Gods
Reaction score
Some day we're all gonna by lyin around in hospitals at 108 years dying of nothing. :D

Reaction score
CATCH17;4895558 said:
Yeah.. Im kinda peaking around but I haven't found anything I have to have.

I already take a bunch of other supps plus I eat a bunch of fruit and veggies so I really don't know if it's going to put me on another level of health or not.

Fruits and veggies die pretty quickly. Nutrition is the realm of quackery and has been for ages. Particular foods have always been identified as having some magical properties. The industry is also dominated by plenty of 'marketing'. Your pretty much throwing money away.

What exactly are your goals anyways? To be healthy? If that is the case, you know what really repairs the body? Good sleep, being active, not over-loading your body with food, reducing stress and getting some sun.

danielofthesaints

Reaction score
rickjameschinaclub;4895942 said:
Fruits and veggies die pretty quickly. Nutrition is the realm of quackery and has been for ages. Particular foods have always been identified as having some magical properties. The industry is also dominated by plenty of 'marketing'. Your pretty much throwing money away.

What exactly are your goals anyways? To be healthy? If that is the case, you know what really repairs the body? Good sleep, being active, not over-loading your body with food, reducing stress and getting some sun

Your statement is rather misguided and oversimplified. Spirulina's magical property is that it contains all 20 essential amino acids, along with an array of organic and inorganic precursors, so that someone who has an inefficient diet can help meet these dietary needs for proper metabolic function without buying other food and/or supplements that only contain a few of these benefits. So, in reality, you are not throwing your money away. You're actually becoming a smarter shopper. Now, is one going to reach a healthy caloric intake by just eating spirulina all day? No. But that's why its supplemental rather than fundamental.

arglebargle

Reaction score
sureletsrace;4895337 said:

I've been curious about getting into them more consistently too. Let me know if you hear anything good/bad or how your experience with them goes.

Mmmm, Green Goodness.... Looks kinda green and a little nasty, but boy does it taste great.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
rickjameschinaclub;4895942 said:

What exactly are your goals anyways? To be healthy? If that is the case, you know what really repairs the body? Good sleep, being active, not over-loading your body with food, reducing stress and getting some sun.

Thanks. Im pretty in tune with health and my body. My goal is just to become the super me. 1 day at a time. Process. blah

Reaction score
danielofthesaints;4896033 said:
Your statement is rather misguided and oversimplified. Spirulina's magical property is that it contains all 20 essential amino acids, along with an array of organic and inorganic precursors, so that someone who has an inefficient diet can help meet these dietary needs for proper metabolic function without buying other food and/or supplements that only contain a few of these benefits. So, in reality, you are not throwing your money away. You're actually becoming a smarter shopper. Now, is one going to reach a healthy caloric intake by just eating spirulina all day? No. But that's why its supplemental rather than fundamental.

You know what is packed with all the necessary amino acids? Milk and Meat.. must be magical too, oh yeah and a hell of a lot cheaper when it comes to bang for your buck...