Anyone tried Rogaine?

SaltwaterServr

Blank Paper Offends Me
Reaction score
Does the stuff really work at all? I don't mind my grays, I started getting them at 16, but the developing skylight I can do without.

bbgun

Benched
Reaction score
Propecia delivers better results in terms of retention and real hair growth.

CowboyMcCoy

Business is a Boomin
Reaction score
bbgun;3414791 said:
Propecia delivers better results in terms of retention and real hair growth.

It's also a pill and not a topical solution. But that's for panzies. Real men shave their heads if they go bald.

SaltwaterServr

Blank Paper Offends Me
Reaction score
CowboyMcCoy;3414797 said:
It's also a pill and not a topical solution. But that's for panzies. Real men shave their heads if they go bald.

Yeah, but I got a skull shaped liked this guy:

alien20model.jpg

Hoofbite

Reaction score
CowboyMcCoy;3414797 said:

Yeah they do.

Nothing more pathetic than looking at a guy who can't let what little hair he has go.

arglebargle

Reaction score
Yeah, we know all the Shineheads are just shaving because they like the look of their pate.....

Athletes excepted. Sometimes.

Warick

Reaction score
I tried Rogaine years ago, and I did notice small hair growth, but you had to look close in the mirror to notice. It also made the existing hair thicker it seems. The problem is, it stops as soon as you quit using it. It's not worth the money, imo.. I finally got tired of trying to save my hair and one day I just took the clippers and buzzed it (0 guard). Best decision ever! I wish I would have done it years before. There is very little maintenance required with this cut, and I like the look. Besides, I have saved a ton of money over the years on hair cuts, and shampoo.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Warick;3414840 said:
I finally got tired of trying to save my hair and one day I just took the clippers and buzzed it (0 guard). Best decision ever! I wish I would have done it years before. There is very little maintenance required with this cut, and I like the look. Besides, I have saved a ton of money over the years on hair cuts, and shampoo.
I made that decision 10 years ago and completely endorse every word of this post.

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
Thankfully I don't need it. I still have a full head of blonde and some gray hair.

Temo

Reaction score
It doesn't work for receding hairline, but will almost definitely work for bald spots.

In other words, if you have the classic horseshoe pattern, don't expect much. But if you have a thinning head of hair, you're in luck.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Im 24, have 0 signs of balding, but the entire family has the bald crown so I use the Rogaine foam on the crown and hopefully will prevent it!

Aikmaniac

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
big dog cowboy;3414927 said:
I made that decision 10 years ago and completely endorse every word of this post.

Yep, me too. I was very unlucky...I have that one patch right on top of the forehead that wants to stick around. *sigh*

Tons of money saved although I still use shampoo obviously.

Meat-O-Rama

Vegetarians are so stupid.
Reaction score
Funny, I was just thinking of throwing this exact topic out there a few days back. I always told myself I'd be cool about it when the balding came, but now that it's hear and getting worse, I'm looking for ideas. The buzz + Cowboys baseball cap is sure sounding attractive these days.

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
CATCH17;3415001 said:
Im 24, have 0 signs of balding, but the entire family has the bald crown so I use the Rogaine foam on the crown and hopefully will prevent it!

Using Rogaine when you don't need it speeds up the balding process. :muttley:

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
Just do what Bob does.....shave the hair from his palms and glue it over the bald spot :D