Anyone use a VPN if so, which?

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Just curious if anyone uses a VPN for your home or own devices (not work related). If so, which one and how do you like it.

Wanted one just for home computer, tablet and phone. Wanted something rather cheap, able to be available for multiple devices.

For the price I got SurfShark. Seems to get good reviews for average home users. Did not seem to have any lag when using it last night while on here, browsing some other sites and also streaming.

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
I've used PIA (Private Internet Access) for years. There are several others out there that say one thing and do another.

Most cannot be trusted. Like NordVPN, etc. PIA is the only one that I found to be pretty reputable.

$40/year and you can have up to five different devices connected at the same time.

quickccc

Reaction score
I'm using ipvanish because it was reputable one of the better VPN around, its advertised like hotcakes on YouTube and I think I got a great on one of their several deals with 3 years for 99 bucks they had going on awhile back.
I've only been using ipvanish so I dunno how it compares to other VPNs

By television I can tell it's doing its scrambling access as I sometimes have difficulty pulling up other streaming services such hulu tubi and Netflix..if I don't disconnect my VPN.

I really just trust CNET when it comes to reviews for such products.
as I'm not sure which other top rankings sites may be in cohoes with some of these products.
And from what I had been observing CNET had Express VPN ranked as the highest while
Ipvanish ranked 4th.
o_O

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
xfgqQC6.png

Last edited:

SlammedZero

Reaction score
I use Windscribe and it seems to be pretty good so far. I know that not all VPNs are created equal. Some still can keep track of certain things/your footprints.

Though, to be fair, I don't use it very often. I have nothing to hide except when I used to download music/tv shows/and such.