Anyone want to loan me some heat?

RoyTheHammer

Reaction score
Some heat? lol

Its literally 50 degrees in this house right now because my roomate didn't realize his oil tank went completely empty last night. Its like 40 outside so it'll only continue to get colder.. and on top of it im already sick with a cold. Thinking about building a snowman down in the kitchen ha.

Anyone know how long it takes for the oil guys to come out after you call? Im hoping by the end of the day today but not getting my hopes up.

Faerluna

I'm Complicated
Reaction score
Depends on the oil company schedule, usually. I'm guessing they are like Propane delivery, where some people have monthly scheduled service. They might have some wiggle room depending on current schedule/demand. Hopefully you'll get lucky.

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
Our oil guys always come before we run out. They gauge our usage throughout the year and generally know when we start to get low. They usually show up around 1/4 to 3/8 of a tank.

Our tank is 275 gallons. I hate it when they come and during cold winters they come monthly and the stupid bill is around $750. :banghead:

I thought my $300 electric bills in Texas were bad. Ugh.

RoyTheHammer

Reaction score
Faerluna;4298140 said:
Depends on the oil company schedule, usually. I'm guessing they are like Propane delivery, where some people have monthly scheduled service. They might have some wiggle room depending on current schedule/demand. Hopefully you'll get lucky.

Thanks man.. good to know. I can only hope they have some time today.

RoyTheHammer

Reaction score
Sam I Am;4298148 said:
Our oil guys always come before we run out. They gauge our usage throughout the year and generally know when we start to get low. They usually show up around 1/4 to 3/8 of a tank.

Our tank is 275 gallons. I hate it when they come and during cold winters they come monthly and the stupid bill is around $750. :banghead:

I thought my $300 electric bills in Texas were bad. Ugh.

Ouch.. that's a killer bill if its monthly. :(

Longboysfan

hipfake08
Reaction score
My friend has Oil heat. He gets 5 gallons if diesel to hold him over. Same type of gas it's in the addatives they use.

Joe Realist

No Kool-Aid here!
Reaction score
RoyTheHammer;4298156 said:
Ouch.. that's a killer bill if its monthly. :(

unrelated question - Is the Paterno statue still up. I read they were taking it down over Thanksgiving.

RoyTheHammer

Reaction score
Joe Realist;4298217 said:
unrelated question - Is the Paterno statue still up. I read they were taking it down over Thanksgiving.

I actually don't live in State College anymore, but i don't believe it was ever taken down.

Vtwin

Safety third
Reaction score
RoyTheHammer;4298152 said:
Thanks man.. good to know. I can only hope they have some time today.

They will usually make an emergency delivery but you will pay for it.

TwoCentPlain

Numbnuts
Reaction score
Can't you just go to a friend's house or relative's house? Or how about a cheap hotel for a night or two? Well worth the price if you avoid getting sick. Don't you have any electric portable heaters. They should help enough to get you by for a night or two.

RoyTheHammer

Reaction score
ninja;4298620 said:
Can't you just go to a friend's house or relative's house? Or how about a cheap hotel for a night or two? Well worth the price if you avoid getting sick. Don't you have any electric portable heaters. They should help enough to get you by for a night or two.

Found a portable heater for my room and i've been using the oven to keep the downstairs heated ha.

Thanks for the suggestions guys.. i appriciate it.