Anyone watch Dale Hanson last night?

Scotman

Reaction score
Talk about whinning! He started off his Cowboy's segment by complaining about not being able to show footage of the Cowboys tackling and about too much of the camp and offseason being closed to the media. Said it "hasn't been that way for 20 years."

He spent more time complaining than he did interviewing Roy.

CowboyFFL7

Reaction score
yeah, I watched that and I was wondering WHY they can't show footage of the Cowboys tackling? what the hell's so bad about tackling that they can't show it?

Chief

"Friggin Joke Monkey"
Reaction score
Scotman said:
Talk about whinning! He started off his Cowboy's segment by complaining about not being able to show footage of the Cowboys tackling and about too much of the camp and offseason being closed to the media. Said it "hasn't been that way for 20 years."

He spent more time complaining than he did interviewing Roy.

That's just what he does.

Hansen's day:

6 a.m: "Uggh. Why does the sun have to come up, damnit? Go away and leave me alone."

9 a.m.: "Would somebody shut those birds up. Their singing is making my head hurt."

10 a.m.: "I hate having to cover the Cowboys. What a lousy job? I wish those PR guys would give me some more story ideas. Where's my hairspray?"

11:30 a.m.: "I hate Parcells' press conferences. He won't give me anything to work with. Doesn't he know who I am? He just doesn't get it. I could do great things for him if he would just cooperate with me and give a scoop every once in awhile. All he cares about is winning. A-hole."

Noon: "Lunch already? Why do we have to eat? This food sucks. I don't care if it's free. They could at least give us some Texas BBQ."

2 p.m.: "I realize it's 72 degrees here with a slight breeze, but 74 degrees would feel a lot better. It's too damn cold."

5 p.m.: "Practice again? Covering practice at the Cowboys camp is tough on us TV and radio guys. Having to trudge out here everyday and stand around with my thumb up my azz for two hours ... and then talk to a player. What a lousy job. My head hurts."

7 p.m.: "You mean I have to drive myself to the bar? Or worse yet, take a cab? The Cowboys PR staff should have a shuttle for me. I've been covering this team for 20 years. Don't they know who I am?"

11 p.m.: " (With slurred speech) It's too damn dark. Why did that f-ing sun have to go down. I can't see. It's too cold. I miss Joe Avezzano. I dread tomorrow. My head hurts."

Scotman

Reaction score
Chief said:

Hansen's day:

6 a.m: "Uggh. Why does the sun have to come up, damnit? Go away and leave me alone."

9 a.m.: "Would somebody shut those birds up. Their singing is making my head hurt."

10 a.m.: "I hate having to cover the Cowboys. What a lousy job? I wish those PR guys would give me some more story ideas. Where's my hairspray?"

11:30 a.m.: "I hate Parcells' press conferences. He won't give me anything to work with. Doesn't he know who I am? He just doesn't get it. I could do great things for him if he would just cooperate with me and give a scoop every once in awhile. All he cares about is winning. A-hole."

Noon: "Lunch already? Why do we have to eat? This food sucks. I don't care if it's free. They could at least give us some Texas BBQ."

2 p.m.: "I realize it's 72 degrees here with a slight breeze, but 74 degrees would feel a lot better. It's too damn cold."

5 p.m.: "Practice again? Covering practice at the Cowboys camp is tough on us TV and radio guys. Having to trudge out here everyday and stand around with my thumb up my azz for two hours ... and then talk to a player. What a lousy job. My head hurts."

7 p.m.: "You mean I have to drive myself to the bar? Or worse yet, take a cab? The Cowboys PR staff should have a shuttle for me. I've been covering this team for 20 years. Don't they know who I am?"

11 p.m.: " (With slurred speech) It's too damn dark. Why did that f-ing sun have to go down. I can't see. It's too cold. I miss Joe Avezzano. I dread tomorrow. My head hurts."

HA HA HA HA! Good stuff.

joseephuss

Reaction score
Parcells doesn't want the teams practices vied on television. He is afraid that other teams can scout them by watching the news coverage. It is not like his schemes have really changed. Run the ball as much as you can, then use play action passes set up by the run and then try a trick play once a game after passing the 50 yard line. He is a paranoid guy, but that is the way he wants it.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Chief said:

Hansen's day:

Very nice Chief. Just about dead to rights on that one I think.

Billy Bullocks

Reaction score
joseephuss said:
Parcells doesn't want the teams practices vied on television. He is afraid that other teams can scout them by watching the news coverage. It is not like his schemes have really changed. Run the ball as much as you can, then use play action passes set up by the run and then try a trick play once a game after passing the 50 yard line. He is a paranoid guy, but that is the way he wants it.

I dont care what he does, as long as he gets the Cowboys where he's gotten some of his other teams.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
Thread Hijack alert.

chief, our Red Raiders are going to be good this year.

Scotman

Reaction score
bbgun said:
So he's a cynic. Big deal.

I guess it's not a big deal. It's just that I know I can't tune into ESPN to hear about the Boys. I don't have the NFL network or the Cowboy's program. I'd hope he would spend more time talking about what he is seeing than what he wishes he could show. Since he is supposed to cover the Boys, I'd rather he do that than spend anytime being critical of something that will not have any negative impact when we get to the field. He spent time covering a topic that only makes his job more difficult. If there is any effect from BP closing the camp, it'll be a positive one.

But, you're probably right and I'm making a bigger deal of it than it is. I just wanted to see some Cowboy's news and not "Hansen's Pity Party."

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
Chief said:

Hansen's day:

:lmao2: Perfect, Chief!

BTW, I think you summed up Hansen in one sentence last year: Dale Hansen is the guy who wakes up bitter at the world because he realizes the waitresses at restaurants don't flirt with him any more. ;)