Anyone watch "Dual Survival"?

SaltwaterServr

Blank Paper Offends Me
Reaction score
I get sucked into these survival shows. Never did like Bear Grylls after he had to put up a few disclaimers about him "faking" parts of the show. Anyone see the episode where he was showing how to get across a mud flat by crawling forward across it with a large branch as leverage, and the very next scene he's perfectly clean?

I do like this Dual Survival show though. Two different survival strategies combined between Dave (Marine I think) and the barefoot hippie Cody. Yeah, he wears no shoes, but the he claims that his feet are healthier than the rest of us who wear shoes.

I think it's a pretty solid show. Each guy brings different ideas to the different situations. They have a goal to get out.

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
SaltwaterServr;3477137 said:
I get sucked into these survival shows. Never did like Bear Grylls after he had to put up a few disclaimers about him "faking" parts of the show. Anyone see the episode where he was showing how to get across a mud flat by crawling forward across it with a large branch as leverage, and the very next scene he's perfectly clean?

I do like this Dual Survival show though. Two different survival strategies combined between Dave (Marine I think) and the barefoot hippie Cody. Yeah, he wears no shoes, but the he claims that his feet are healthier than the rest of us who wear shoes.

I think it's a pretty solid show. Each guy brings different ideas to the different situations. They have a goal to get out.

Oh...I seen that listed on the guide and thought it was the new show with the guy and his wife so decided not to bother it as they both seemed annoying when I seen the advertisement for it. I might have to check this show out since it is not the one I thought it was.

TheCount

Pixel Pusher
Reaction score
Haha, my fiance and I watch it every week. She loves Cody. I wouldn't even say he's a hippie, he's down to wreck shop when it needs to be done they just have very different styles.

The last episode where Dave was complaining about drinking dirty water and Cody told him to suck it up and stop whining was pretty funny.

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
I haven't caught an episode of it yet but I'm planning to. It looks pretty interesting.

I want to watch that Colony show too. I haven't ever seen it but it looks interesting as well.

pupulehaole

Reaction score
yea i like this show, seems as if survival shows are getting more popular by the day but this is a good one. as stated their different personalities bring a good spin to the show and show two different thought processes to the same goal. i enjoy watching it when i find it on.

SaltwaterServr

Blank Paper Offends Me
Reaction score
TheCount;3477347 said:
Haha, my fiance and I watch it every week. She loves Cody. I wouldn't even say he's a hippie, he's down to wreck shop when it needs to be done they just have very different styles.

The last episode where Dave was complaining about drinking dirty water and Cody told him to suck it up and stop whining was pretty funny.

See it's funny how the two of them view risks differently. Dave was worried about the water in that episode, but Cody ripped him a new one for wrestling and killing the alligator in Louisiana for a great food source.

This last episode in the Olympia temperate rain forest really showed how the two of them worked together. Cody goes scavenging and eats grubs as a quick protein/calorie source. He also finds the busted bottom of what appears to be a quart beer bottle and brings it back to Dave. Dave immediately sees it as a source for an arrowhead and goes to work mapping it out.

Dave goes out hunting and Cody goes fishing. Both come up successful and have a ton of food at the end of the day.

The first episode I saw was in the snow and Cody built a sweat lodge out of plastic sheeting and the foil emergency blanket. Dave was very impressed despite his pretty vocal lack of confidence in the idea of putting the fire outside of their shelter.

Both of them get on each other in the behind the scenes shots, but after two episodes you can tell they had a very defined mutual respect.

Funniest thing, I keep wanting Cody to do an "aaaaaah! aaaaaaaaah! You eat it maggot! AAAAAAAAAh! AAAAAAAAAAh!" Sam Kinison impersonation. He looks so much like him it's unnerving.

TheCount

Pixel Pusher
Reaction score
SaltwaterServr;3478167 said:
See it's funny how the two of them view risks differently. Dave was worried about the water in that episode, but Cody ripped him a new one for wrestling and killing the alligator in Louisiana for a great food source.

This last episode in the Olympia temperate rain forest really showed how the two of them worked together. Cody goes scavenging and eats grubs as a quick protein/calorie source. He also finds the busted bottom of what appears to be a quart beer bottle and brings it back to Dave. Dave immediately sees it as a source for an arrowhead and goes to work mapping it out.

Dave goes out hunting and Cody goes fishing. Both come up successful and have a ton of food at the end of the day.

The first episode I saw was in the snow and Cody built a sweat lodge out of plastic sheeting and the foil emergency blanket. Dave was very impressed despite his pretty vocal lack of confidence in the idea of putting the fire outside of their shelter.

Both of them get on each other in the behind the scenes shots, but after two episodes you can tell they had a very defined mutual respect.

Funniest thing, I keep wanting Cody to do an "aaaaaah! aaaaaaaaah! You eat it maggot! AAAAAAAAAh! AAAAAAAAAAh!" Sam Kinison impersonation. He looks so much like him it's unnerving.
Yeah I don't care what the man says, the snow must be brutal in shorts and no shoes.

The swamp must have been equally bad. You couldn't pay me enough money to go in a snake infested swamp in shorts and bare feet!

SaltwaterServr

Blank Paper Offends Me
Reaction score
TheCount;3478182 said:
Yeah I don't care what the man says, the snow must be brutal in shorts and no shoes.

The swamp must have been equally bad. You couldn't pay me enough money to go in a snake infested swamp in shorts and bare feet!

You couldn't pay me enough to go into that swamp with a jon boat, an automatic shotgun, and a pass from the governor of Louisiana to kill any and all snakes on sight.

I'm lying, I'd do that for fun.

Ware2010

Reaction score
Yeah it might be my favorite show on TV right now.

I can't wait for American Chopper to come back with Jr. vs. Sr building bikes at competing shops.

trickblue

Not Old School...Old Testament...
Reaction score
I really like this show...

Both are expert survivalists from a different viewpoint... it makes for good TV...

pupulehaole

Reaction score
locked&loaded;3478728 said:
Those guys couldnt hold survivor mans jock strap

yea Survivor Man is the man when it comes to survival. no camera crews or anything. love that show but havnt seen it on lately for some reason.

TheCount

Pixel Pusher
Reaction score
pupulehaole;3478766 said:
yea Survivor Man is the man when it comes to survival. no camera crews or anything. love that show but havnt seen it on lately for some reason.

Les Stroud stopped doing Survivorman. He said it was too grueling, especially since he has no support.

Yeah, Stroud is pretty much the king of survivor shows as far as I see it.

trickblue

Not Old School...Old Testament...
Reaction score
I always love the battles between who is a baddass and who is a whimp...

They ALL have impeccable credentials...

The bottom line is that they are ALL ******es when it comes to survival... just pick your favorite...