Anyone watch "The Colony" on The Discovery Channel?

Ware2010

Reaction score
I watched a little bit of it last night and think it's incredibly cheesey. The storyline is good - a group of people forced to rebuild after a biological disaster with only a few supplies - but I thought it was really lame.

Thoughts?

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Ware2010;3481861 said:
I watched a little bit of it last night and think it's incredibly cheesey. The storyline is good - a group of people forced to rebuild after a biological disaster with only a few supplies - but I thought it was really lame.

Thoughts?

I caught one episode of it and came away feeling the same way.

Although I have to admit I found the part where the intruders came in kind of wild. I guess the idea that you know it is scripted to a degree and they really are not going to beat the crap out of each other...it still got a little more heated than I expected.

It is one of those shows that I don't plan on watching again but if there is nothing on and I see it while flipping through the channels I might watch it until something else comes on...if that makes sense.:laugh1:

A show I like is on BBC America called Survivors. It is a drama show, not a reality/mock reality show but it deals with basically the same idea of the colony to a degree. Pretty good show with some decent actors. First season is over so it will be a bit before the next season starts.

PBJTime

Semper Fidelis
Reaction score
I watched the first season of the Colony and just thought it was a little too far fetched for my tastes. It was pretty cool to see the things that they engineered from the various supplies they had available, like the wood gasifier. I can't imagine them actually being scared from the "intruders" or anything. They sure acted tough though, but I imagine that'd be easy when you know the ".50 cals" mounted to the Mad Max looking truck really won't mow you down.

SaltwaterServr

Blank Paper Offends Me
Reaction score
I had the feeling it was going to be a cheeseball affair. The intruder thing looked too staged for my liking even in the previews.

I have no plans to watch it, even if nothing else is on.

CliffnDallas

Reaction score
I tried to watch the first episode. But Five minutes in to it the "This Show Is Crap" or TSIC light began flashing on my remote and I turned on a House MD marathon. :)

Faerluna

I'm Complicated
Reaction score
I wasn't into it either. I liked those Alaska wilderness survival ones better than this.

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Faerluna;3483848 said:
I wasn't into it either. I liked those Alaska wilderness survival ones better than this.

Those were kind of cool in some areas, kind of lame in others...but a great deal better than what little I saw on the colony.

Faerluna

I'm Complicated
Reaction score
BrAinPaiNt;3483852 said:
Those were kind of cool in some areas, kind of lame in others...but a great deal better than what little I saw on the colony.

The first time they did the Alaska survival ones, they had them broken off in family member/couple groups in different areas. The next time they were all in the one big group. Not sure which format I liked best, but I think the only reason I really watched was because it was on after Deadliest Catch.