Anyone watching Lost?

TruBlueCowboy

Reaction score
The final episodes are starting now and after last night's episode it looks like the season finale is going to be a whopper. Next week's preview has them finally all going to the hatch. :bravo:

I'm still not sure what to make of the island. For some reason, I keep wanting to think in Biblical terms and look at the new baby or someone on that island as the next messiah, anti-christ or some forebearer of apocalyptic themes. :D

The writers said that the castaways would finally split and it looks like Locke and Sayid are the first members of a splinter group?

Trophy#6

Reaction score
I watch! Addicted to that show.
So is there something more to this 'split' the writers have been talking about? Because if you remember right, they started saying that back before half of them ever went into the jungle to build the 2nd camp. Have you heard something recently?

I actually think this is either 'alien' or 'government experiment' related. Remember that spanish comic book the boy had- the one his father took and burned on him? In those pages were pics of some island, a polar bear terrorzing it, the mysterious 'pyramid' they found on that map and are still trying to find at the center of the island AND some strange alien-like creature in a chair....and if I remember right it was like he was letting off some telepathic message.

I personally think government experiement would fit best. Like this island was former home of some experiment gone seriously wrong- maybe a mind control experiement. That creature being the creation- maybe these 'other' inhabitants are former governemt workers either forgotten about when the island was vacated or maybe under the creations control.

Who the hell knows, all I know is I can't wait for these last few eps! Can't remember the last time I cared about a television show like this before.

TruBlueCowboy

Reaction score
I don't know if anyone watched 20/20 last week but they had a special on the show. It covered some of the plotlines and was a cool look at the making of the show.

Some fun stuff I remember:

-- The creator ruled out the purgatory theory for the island but said he thought it was a cool idea. He said that if they had gone with something like that, it would be cheap, because people would go through seasons of suspense, only to feel like it was all a dream.

-- The creator did say he knows what is going on. Apparently, they're not making this up as they go, they do have a definite idea of what is happening.

-- As far as the mysterious huge dinosaur like creature that keeps popping up, the cast haven't been told what it is yet. The guy who plays Locke didn't like not being told because he didn't feel like he could act out the scene where he sees it. (I think it's the scene where Boone has a dream about his sister being killed and Locke sees the monster.) The show's director/creators told him that what he was seeing was one of the most beautiful things he's ever seen. So take from that whatever you will.

-- The show's creator had to fight for a live symphony on each episode, because most shows today have the cheap synthesizer set tunes. I'm glad he won because I think the music in that show is a huge part and makes each episode feel like a movie. I especially loved the death of Boone, and the birth of the new baby, and the music that played during it.

-- None of the cast are told anything beforehand. Every episode is on a need to know basis to keep any secrets from getting out.

-- When the Doc had to act over Boone's death scene, it was real emotions as well as acting because the guy who plays Boone was his best friend on the set in real life so he was mourning the fact that this guy was leaving the show. Everyone in real life showed up for the scene even if they weren't in it, because they all felt like family, and they had all just found out he was leaving.

-- The show writers and directors try to pay as much homage as possible to their favorite TV shows and movies. They showed scenes from past Lost episodes that were very similar to scenes in movies such as Rosemary's Baby, Carrie, and the classic Twilight Zone television series. The Twilight Zone is probably their biggest inspiration for the entire series.

-- The actor who plays Hurley (the big fella) was the first person they cast. One of the last people they cast was the hottie who plays Kate. By the way, she was actually a missionary before becoming an actress. The Korean babe auditioned as another part (they didn't say what it was) and while she didn't win it, they were so impressed with her, they decided to create the Korean couple. The dude who plays Sawyer was about to quit acting and go into real estate. He had worked the circuit for 15 years and hadn't been cast in anything yet. The studio tried to get the creators to trim down the cast because they thought audiences were too dumb to watch a show with so many main characters.

Anyways, that's all I can remember about it. Hope that's a treat for you Lost fans.

Khartun

AmarilloCowboyFan
Reaction score
TruBlueCowboy said:
I don't know if anyone watched 20/20 last week but they had a special on the show. It covered some of the plotlines and was a cool look at the making of the show.

Some fun stuff I remember:

-- The creator ruled out the purgatory theory for the island but said he thought it was a cool idea. He said that if they had gone with something like that, it would be cheap, because people would go through seasons of suspense, only to feel like it was all a dream.

-- The creator did say he knows what is going on. Apparently, they're not making this up as they go, they do have a definite idea of what is happening.

-- As far as the mysterious huge dinosaur like creature that keeps popping up, the cast haven't been told what it is yet. The guy who plays Locke didn't like not being told because he didn't feel like he could act out the scene where he sees it. (I think it's the scene where Boone has a dream about his sister being killed and Locke sees the monster.) The show's director/creators told him that what he was seeing was one of the most beautiful things he's ever seen. So take from that whatever you will.

-- The show's creator had to fight for a live symphony on each episode, because most shows today have the cheap synthesizer set tunes. I'm glad he won because I think the music in that show is a huge part and makes each episode feel like a movie. I especially loved the death of Boone, and the birth of the new baby, and the music that played during it.

-- None of the cast are told anything beforehand. Every episode is on a need to know basis to keep any secrets from getting out.

-- When the Doc had to act over Boone's death scene, it was real emotions as well as acting because the guy who plays Boone was his best friend on the set in real life so he was mourning the fact that this guy was leaving the show. Everyone in real life showed up for the scene even if they weren't in it, because they all felt like family, and they had all just found out he was leaving.

-- The show writers and directors try to pay as much homage as possible to their favorite TV shows and movies. They showed scenes from past Lost episodes that were very similar to scenes in movies such as Rosemary's Baby, Carrie, and the classic Twilight Zone television series. The Twilight Zone is probably their biggest inspiration for the entire series.

-- The actor who plays Hurley (the big fella) was the first person they cast. One of the last people they cast was the hottie who plays Kate. By the way, she was actually a missionary before becoming an actress. The Korean babe auditioned as another part (they didn't say what it was) and while she didn't win it, they were so impressed with her, they decided to create the Korean couple. The dude who plays Sawyer was about to quit acting and go into real estate. He had worked the circuit for 15 years and hadn't been cast in anything yet. The studio tried to get the creators to trim down the cast because they thought audiences were too dumb to watch a show with so many main characters.

Anyways, that's all I can remember about it. Hope that's a treat for you Lost fans.

Great info TruBlue
Thanks

I missed the last episode and something went wrong trying to record it. I was not very happy.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
Thanks!

I was hugely interested early then lost interest as the inevitable skipped week junk occured.

My Tivo also got fried and took about 4 days to get a new one in and installed so that was one week lost.

TruBlueCowboy

Reaction score
If you fellas missed last week, there was a new episode. If you missed the week before that, don't worry, because it was a new episode, but all it was was a recap. It basically covered all the major events in season one so far to give a summary of season one to the people who hadn't seen every episode. My suggestion would be to download one of those kazaa programs and try and find the latest episodes you missed online. Even though technically it is piracy, I imagine the studios have nothing against people spreading their show's popularity and ratings until the DVD boxed set comes out.

Trophy#6

Reaction score
Thanks TruBlue, I missed that 20/20 episode on accident.
Definatly glad to learn this is not some 'purgatory' type sitch, cause honestly at times it does feel like it's going that way.
Thing I liked most of what you recaped was the closeness of the cast- that thing with Boone's death, that's really cool. Makes me think about what I just heard about ABC's other new hit show, Deparate Housewives, and how they are literally having shoving matches to see who gets center shot of pics taken. I hear many are having a problem wiht the spotlight that's centering on Teri Hatcher. It all transpires off screen too when you're watching- you can just tell the mature difference between the two casts. Not to mention I realy love this virtual no-name cast LOST has put together.

It's Wednesday!!

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
TruBlueCowboy said:
I missed tonight's episode because my tivo hard drive broke!! Gahhh!! :banghead:

You missed a good one, but I will not ruin it for you.

Besides I am sure you can catch the rerun later or buy/borrow the dvd set when it comes out lol.

k19

Reaction score
Lost is one of those shows that in some ways if you miss an episode its hard to figure out whats up but at the same time it jumps so much you can miss stuff and not be totally out of it, if that makes sense.

Alot of last night was about Kates past and they didnt go too much into the hatch.

2 more episode left this season.

Wed nights are my favorite TV nights........ Lost, ALias, then CSI NY

k19

Reaction score
I posted a link to the lost website and message board in one of the earlier threads. If you are a die hard you might want to check it out