Anyone who thinks this isn’t on coaching is delusional

TheCoolFan

Reaction score
Inexperienced coaching staff on offense. Moore, Colombo and Kitna are all learning on the job. It's do-able when everyone is healthy and you're playing bad teams. But when you miss few key guys and play good teams, you have to do more. Season is in trouble now

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I think you're delusional! You need to take your meds!

The coaches didn't throw interceptions.
The coaches didn't miss tackles.
The coaches weren't getting penalized! (Except Jason Garret and that was only because he had to challenge a play and was out of challenges. Which makes that penalty worth it.)

Now take your meds!
I'd like this post, but Garrett wasn't out of challenges, otherwise the call wouldn't have been reviewed and overturned. He never said anything like that in his presser.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
In Dallas, it's up to the players to win with execution, and ONLY execution. There is no scheming, there is no "coaching the players up" before a game, no adjustments. There is only go out and beat the guy across from you. If they can't, it's a loss every single time.
Or, the coaches teach them, but they make mistakes anyway.

Playmaker3128

Reaction score
The coach can create a winning culture around the team. A culture of mistake free football. That has not happened and its been years under the same head coach.

I ask you all, garret has been stripped of his play calling duties 2-3 times now. He doesn't control the defense? What the hell is he there for? Because he's jerry's hand picked guy and jerry has to be proven right? Only thing i can think of.

A coach matters in the NFL. Accountability. Bill parcels when he was here went to the playoff 2 of 4 years with inferior talent. Look at the eagles, sure they never won anything under andy reid, but the guy went to multiple championship games. When the eagles go doug peterson he changed that team for the better. The rams with Mcvay and so on.

Jason Garret does nothing for this franchise and its time for a new voice.

bodi

Reaction score
I don't get the scheme we are running on the D

is there any ?

and o line seemed to have changed from last year -

ShiningStar

Reaction score
Look how Reich has his players playing without Andrew Luck on the road. They've played well and were prepared.

i remember when i fielded his name to be considered here. Good thing we passed up on that. phew. is there egg on my face or what?

erod

Reaction score
The amount of key penalties is almost unbelievable even up to the moment where #76 casually negated a chance to let it come down to an onside kick .
Zero discipline on this team . We got out coached big time . Garett is still costing this team games in 2019 . It’s kind of mind boggling Jerry has been so hard headed in making a change .

For the complete idiots blaming Dak , it’s hard to get going with a holding penalty every other drive .
Every NFL game has this many penalties. It's the way the NFL is now.

Turkish-Cowboy

Reaction score

The coaches weren't getting penalized! (Except Jason Garret and that was only because he had to challenge a play and was out of challenges. Which makes that penalty worth it.)

Now take your meds!

Those plays can be done in any game. But not getting ready for the game mentally and so many penalties on almost every drive is about the discipline and the mentality of th coaches. If you don't do the homework on the opponent and come out with the same plan every game, the opponents get you exposed. Thats on coaches.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Now take your meds!

Meds are correct and major amounts I might add!

Zman5

Reaction score
"It's not about coaching! That's a fact."

-signed Jeff Fisher

irving

Reaction score
It isn’t on coaching.
You could make that statement if Garrett had achieved something in the prior years he's been head coach. He hasn't achieved anything of note during his tenure as a head coach, and many people will tell you he helped waste Romo's best years. So yes people can point to Garrett and blame him because he has never won a thing, and last I looked they don't fire entire teams.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
It's uncanny how poorly a talented Cowboys' team can be so ill prepared to play vs. capable opponents. Our coaches constantly get schooled by the better coaching staffs of legitimate contenders. It's also beyond depressing to bear witness to how our front office is in denial of such an obvious dilemma that persists for so long without being dutifully corrected.

Last edited: