Anyone with experience with Game Stop?

Cajuncowboy

Preacher From The Black Lagoon
Reaction score
I am going to buy Madden 2010 from them. They have it used for 35.00 for the PS3. The guy said it is harder to scratch a PS3 game than PS2 because of the type of disk it is, IDK. Could be BS for all I know.

Anyway, have y'all had any experiences with Game Stop stores?

Temo

Reaction score
Usually better to not use the middle man, but they do offer a 30 day exchange in case your game is scratched.

I've never used them though. Have you ever considered gamefly? It's not for everyone, but I like using them for sports games, since a new one comes out every year.

Jon88

Benched
Reaction score
I bought Madden 10 from EB Games, which is similar to GameStop. I've bought several other games there too.

I would rather get the games used and also talk to the employees there. They know all about the games and can steer you into buying one or the other.

Also once I get tired of one game I can sell it back to them and get another one.

Cajuncowboy

Reaction score
Temo;3377917 said:
Usually better to not use the middle man, but they do offer a 30 day exchange in case your game is scratched.

I've never used them though. Have you ever considered gamefly? It's not for everyone, but I like using them for sports games, since a new one comes out every year.

Yeah, he did mention the 30 day return thing. As long as no one has anything real negative to say I think I will take a shot and give it a try.

JohnnyHopkins

This is a house of learned doctors
Reaction score
Cajuncowboy;3378014 said:
Yeah, he did mention the 30 day return thing. As long as no one has anything real negative to say I think I will take a shot and give it a try.

I bought a few used Wii games for the kids from there and they worked fine. I didn't have to test the return policy, though.

I agree with the user that suggested Gamefly. You rent the games and if you like them you can buy them at the used rate. They will send you the case in the mail.

wilatino_98

Reaction score
i have they pretty good but shop around i found that you can go online gamestop.com and found diffrent prices and call them just to make sure i had a problem with 1 game so far and they let me pick another of the same price .

Jon88

Benched
Reaction score
I would rather support these game shops than Wal Mart, especially when I can get the heads up on games. I'm not a big gamer, but I do like war games and Madden.

They only had Madden 2010 new and I was leaning towards Madden 2009 because it was a lot cheaper. The guy convinced me to buy 2010 and I really like it.

I also got great information on Battlefield II and I love it.

Dallas

Old bulletproof tiger
Reaction score
My runt and I have been avid Gamestop customers for years. I have zero problem buying or trading anything from them.

SaltwaterServr

Blank Paper Offends Me
Reaction score
Dallas;3378668 said:
My runt and I have been avid Gamestop customers for years. I have zero problem buying or trading anything from them.

I only buy from Gamestop. They have a location across the parking lot from where I work, and they personally delivered my copy of Modern Warfare 2. Good folks who seem to be very knowledgeable about their business. I have bought new and used from them both.

As was mentioned, I prefer to buy from them than a Walmart or Best Buy.

ajk23az

Through Pain Comes Clarity
Reaction score
I buy from there when I want to get a game real bad. I never trade there as they usually rip you off something fierce. Can sell it on Ebay for a ton more.

Kevinicus

Reaction score
Outside of probably being able to find it cheaper elsewhere, what he said was mostly accurate as blu-rays supposedly have better disc protection than DVDs.

TheCount

Pixel Pusher
Reaction score
Cajuncowboy;3377908 said:
I am going to buy Madden 2010 from them. They have it used for 35.00 for the PS3. The guy said it is harder to scratch a PS3 game than PS2 because of the type of disk it is, IDK. Could be BS for all I know.

Anyway, have y'all had any experiences with Game Stop stores?

It probably is harder, I haven't really thought about it but my PS3 games are in great shape while my PS2 games were constantly getting scratched. Usually by the damn PS2 itself.

In general, higher quality discs are harder to scratch, whether they be CD, DVD or Blu-Ray.

I buy used from Game Stop from time to time, it's a pretty good store. I buy everything new online cause you can usually find all sorts of deal and not have to pay tax or shipping.

Kangaroo

Reaction score
Cajuncowboy;3378014 said:

I used them in the past on the old XBOX games used no issues here they have been around a long time and have a pretty solid rep overall

Cajuncowboy

Reaction score
I bought it last night and the game itself was in real good condition. Had the booklet with it as well as some Sprint advertising. Seems like it plays like a brand new game so for the 25.00 saving I had, I'm real happy.

And thanks for all the input.

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
You are too old to be wasting your time playing video games.

You need to get out and play horseshoes, lawn darts or shuffleboard.:laugh2:

Duane

Reaction score
Used games are the only way to go unless you absolutely must have something right then.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Madden is old now. Im ready for 2011.

Dez Bryant just made my offense a lot more dangerous.

Im sure every cheeser out there will be picking the Cowboys this year. I hate that.