AP: Super Bowl Wants Only Young Dancers

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Wed Jan 4, 10:30 AM ET

DETROIT - Mick Jagger and his bandmates may be nearing senior citizenship, but Super Bowl planners only want people 45 and younger to take the field during the Rolling Stones' halftime show.

The NFL is offering 2,000 people a chance to watch the Stones play during the Feb. 5 extravaganza. They will be expected to dance, sing and cheer.

"This is a once-in-a-lifetime chance to experience the Super Bowl from a totally unique perspective," NFL spokesman Brian McCarthy told The Detroit News.

People are asked to apply in groups of 20 or more and be at least 18 years old and no older than 45. Signup is under way on the Web site of Star Flow Entertainment, the company organizing the volunteers.

The NFL says the reason for the age cutoff is that the job is physically challenging. Volunteers must enter and exit the field quickly and be on their feet for long periods. They will not have seats and will wait in a tunnel under Ford Field for most of the first half.

Participants also must attend up to five rehearsals that could last seven hours each.

"You have to attend rehearsal and be able to stand for long stretches of time," McCarthy told the Detroit Free Press. "And you have to run onto Ford Field with 2,000 other folks."

Link

anava

Reaction score
What a sad halftime show. Time to get a beer and channel surf. Maybe by the time the Boys make it to the Superbowl they will have real halftime shows again.

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
anava said:
What a sad halftime show. Time to get a beer and channel surf. Maybe by the time the Boys make it to the Superbowl they will have real halftime shows again.
At least they didn't bring in Ashley Simpson :eek:

Hoov

Reaction score
Stones will be a great halftime show. Love the new album. Finally the superbowl is going to have a good halftime show again.

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
Hoov said:
Stones will be a great halftime show. Love the new album. Finally the superbowl is going to have a good halftime show again.
I have only heard a part of one song and it didn't impress me but anything is better than Britney Spears and The Backstreet Boys :puke:

Hoov

Reaction score
with almost any group, the best songs on albums are always the more original ones, not the "pop hits" that make it to the radio. There are some good ones on the new album that are real mellow and introspective, i think its actually Richards singing a couple of them, very different from the typical stones "hit".

bbgun

Benched
Reaction score
The chick on the left is also disqualified.

235-800-snicky453-1.jpg

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I am having a concert in my backyard sometime next week...so if any young women are interested...hint hint.

:laugh1:

calico

Reaction score
Haha, my mom would be pissed. She is a HUGE stones fan since she was a kid in England. She is 55 years old and has pics of Mick Jagger all over her closet like a 14 year old would.

Bach

Benched
Reaction score
Wanted: Young dancers. (Wardrobe malfunctions preferable too).

trentmonster

Reaction score
What a joke! Are they going to add crowd noise too?

Maybe they should just show some straight shots of the stage and then mix in some crowd shots from Live-Aid or something to really impress people. Or they could bring in some good CGI guys and add 100,000 Orks storming the field.

THUMPER

Papa
Reaction score
It's OK since I never watch the halftime show anyay. We usually take that opportunity to go outside and throw the ball around for little while and get the circulation going again after sitting for so long.

jem88

Reaction score
Hoov said:
with almost any group, the best songs on albums are always the more original ones, not the "pop hits" that make it to the radio. There are some good ones on the new album that are real mellow and introspective, i think its actually Richards singing a couple of them, very different from the typical stones "hit".
The Stones haven't released a decent album since Some Girls in 1977. They haven't released a great album since Exile in 1972. It's extremely depressing listening to the 'product' they have been churning out for the last 25-30 years.

jem88

Reaction score
What gets me with the Stones is that it seems like they don't even strive for greatness anymore. Neil Young, who came onto the scene only 3 or 4 years after them, has continued to make daring and ambitious albums into the 2000's. Sure he's had some awful efforts, but it's rarely been for lack of ambition. In 1989 he released Freedom, which contained 'Rockin' in The Free World'. In that same year, the Stones released Steel Wheels, containing such generic fare as 'Rock and a Hard Place' and 'Mixed Emotions'. David Bowie is another artist who, despite some serious missteps (Never Let Me Down, Tin Machine), has continued to find new avenues to express himself and not rely on tired structures the way the Stones do. His second most recent album, Heathen, was a very impressive effort.

I love the classic Stones as much as anybody, but they are becoming an artistic joke (I say 'artistic' because they're obviously doing well financially, which is hard to fault, but you'd think money would stop being the driving force at a certain point.)

p.s. I saw the Stones in Toronto two and a half years ago at 'Sarstock' and AC/DC absolutely blew them off the stage.