AP Top 25 College Football Poll (before CFP announced)

Reality

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The AP has released their top 25 college football teams ..

Code:
AP Top 25 College Football Poll
First-place votes in parentheses.

TEAM    RECORD
1. Michigan (51)     13-0
2. Washington (11)   13-0
3. Texas             12-1
4. Florida State     13-0
5. Alabama           12-1
6. Georgia           12-1
7. Ohio State        11-1
8. Oregon            11-2
9. Missouri          10-2
10. Penn State       10-2
11. Mississippi      10-2
12. Oklahoma         10-2
13. LSU               9-3
14. Arizona           9-3
15. Notre Dame        9-3
16. Louisville       10-3
17. SMU              11-2
18. Liberty          13-0
19. NC State          9-3
20. Iowa             10-3
21. Oregon State      8-4
22. Oklahoma State    9-4
23. Tulane           11-2
24. James Madison    11-1
25. Tennessee         8-4

Reality

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The CFP will use their own system of course, but the current AP has these teams at the top ..
  1. Michigan (13-0)
  2. Washington (13-0)
  3. Texas (12-1)
  4. Florida State (13-0)
  5. Alabama (12-1)
  6. Georgia (12-1)
  7. Ohio State (11-1)

Reality

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I think Michigan and Washington are definitely in the CFP.

It would be hard to block an undefeated FSU team from the CFP unless you factor in their starting QB won't be playing.

For the remaining teams, you could argue for or against Texas, Alabama, Georgia or Ohio State to in the CFP.

You could argue that with Alabama and Georgia playing each other, one or both of those teams could be one of the top 4 teams in the country.

However they did play each other .. one day ago .. and many people, especially non-SEC fans, would not likely want to see a rematch of Alabama and Georgia right after playing each other. That would seem to exclude Georgia since they were the ones who lost the game.

Ohio State lost one game, to the number one ranked team in the nation (Michigan), but they did so with Michigan's head coach suspended, so that makes their loss a little more impactful. That would seem to exclude Ohio State.

Alabam lost their game early on, but they did lose and they lost to Texas, the current #3 team. They also lost at home which makes their loss a little more impactful. That would seem to exclude Alabama.

If the CFP committee excludes an undefeated FSU because they won't have their starting quarterback, then my guess is that Alabama will be the 4th team.

My prediction though is the CFP will end like this ..

In the CFP:

1. Michigan
2. Washington
3. Florida State
4. Texas

Out of the CFP:

5. Alabama
6. Georgia
7. Ohio State

What is your prediction?

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
They put in Alabama over FSU.
Even after the poll rankings.

No way they were going to leave out an SEC team.

Reality

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
They put in Alabama over FSU.
Even after the poll rankings.

No way they were going to leave out an SEC team.
Yeah, I posted my preferred list in the college football thread ..

1. Michigan
2. Washington
3. Texas
4. Alabama

.. but mainly because I want to see Alabama play Michigan :D

Tabascocat

Dexternjack
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Yeah, I posted my preferred list in the college football thread ..

1. Michigan
2. Washington
3. Texas
4. Alabama

.. but mainly because I want to see Alabama play Michigan :D
Those are my four and would love to see Texas play Washington at some point.

Tabascocat

Dexternjack
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
The CFP is out (see BP's thread) and that's the exact 4 and the exact seeding. :D
I posted that before I saw any news. I think I predicted those four last night somewhere here, drank too much and can’t remember :lmao:

Tabascocat

Dexternjack
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
The CFP is out (see BP's thread) and that's the exact 4 and the exact seeding. :D
Yup, I sure did :flagwave:

Tabascocat

Dexternjack​

Messages25,171Reaction score33,176
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan

Michigan
Washington
Alabama
Texas

DFWJC

Reaction score
Heads would explode if no SEC team gets in
:laugh:

This type stuff won't be that controversial in a 12 team format beginning next year
Teams arguing to be the 12th team won't be power conference champs or 12-win power conference members
Plus, if you're arguing for the 12th spot you wouldn't have been close in the old 4-team format anyway

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I can see a scenario where we have a split title. If Alabama wins the CFP AND FSU has a convincing win over UGA, why wouldn’t the AP just declare FSU its national champ? In that scenario, FSU would be the only undefeated team and both teams would have wins over UGA.

Unlikely , but it could happen.

Last edited:

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
I can see a scenario where we have a split title. If Alabama wins the CFP AND FSU has a convincing win over UGA, why wouldn’t the AP just declare FSU its national champ? In that scenario, FSU would be the only undefeated team and both teams would have wins over UGA.

Unlikely , but it could happen.
Literally this is why the did the CFP so there was no split...they effectivly shut FSU down when they left them out..period. If they beat UG we will just hear alot of "Well its a tough desicion..." when the truth would be awsome "This network owns the SEC and the CFP therefore we will have an SEC team in the CFP"...

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Literally this is why the did the CFP so there was no split...they effectivly shut FSU down when they left them out..period. If they beat UG we will just hear alot of "Well its a tough desicion..." when the truth would be awsome "This network owns the SEC and the CFP therefore we will have an SEC team in the CFP"...
Then why is the AP releasing a poll at all?

If Alabama wins the CFP as they probably will do and FSU can somehow find the end zone against UGA and win that game, FSU has a clear claim……. And I’m not an fsu fan.

Last edited:

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
Then why is the AP releasing a poll at all?

If Alabama wins the CFP as they probably will do and FSU can somehow find the end zone against UGA and win that game, FSU has a clear claim……. And I’m not an fsu fan.
yeah i know your not an FSU fan pretty obvious...the AP poll doesnt matter again literally why the CFP came into play, they dont want splits and the network wants controll of who plays for the title....FYI I'm no FSU fan either but wrong is wrong...