Apple now owns 66% of mobile profits/has more cash than U.S. Government

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
Apple now owns 66% of mobile profits
by Rene Ritchie, Friday, Jul 29, 2011, 4 Comments

Screen-shot-2011-07-29-at-7-29-11.09.09-AM.png

Horace Dediu of Asymco has taken a look at the financial results of Apple, Nokia, Samsung, LG, Sony-Ericsson, Motorola, HTC, and RIM and put together a comparison of who is making profit and how much. Apple, perhaps not surprisingly, has gone from almost 0 in 2007 to 66% in the latest quarter, 2011.

http://www.tipb.com/2011/07/29/apple-owns-66-mobile-profits/

-----------

Apple Now Has More Cash Than The U.S. Government
Matt Rosoff | Jul. 28, 2011, 8:14 PM

Here's something to keep in mind as you follow this evening's congressional debate over the debt ceiling.

According to the latest daily statement from the U.S. Treasury, the government had an operating cash balance of $73.8 billion at the end of the day yesterday.

Apple's last earnings report (PDF here) showed that the company had $76.2 billion in cash and marketable securities at the end of June.

Read more: http://www.businessinsider.com/appl...d-than-the-us-government-2011-7#ixzz1TWOOjUEL

http://www.businessinsider.com/apple-has-more-cash-on-hand-than-the-us-government-2011-7

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
Steve should definitely put a restraining order against you. You definitely have an extreme obsession. ...and people think my hate towards Jobs is extreme. It's nothing compared to your man love for Jobs.

vta

The Proletariat
Reaction score
nyc;4017012 said:
Steve should definitely put a restraining order against you. You definitely have an extreme obsession. ...and people think my hate towards Jobs is extreme. It's nothing compared to your man love for Jobs.

Steve is coming and Apple is coming with him.
You can't escape now. :D

SultanOfSix

Star Power
Reaction score
As much as I admire the brilliance of Jobs, I don't think such a fact is something to emphasize or celebrate the way the US government blows through money.

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
nyc;4017012 said:
I don't really have much of an obsession. I visit an Apple blog every few days to see what's up with the new iPhone/iPad news, but every time I see a story like this I can't help but post it to show how wrong you are. The second story is from Business Insider, which I read daily.

tomson75

Brain Dead Shill
Reaction score
nyc;4017012 said:

Mmmmm........I don't know about that.

Vtwin

Safety third
Reaction score
theogt;4017453 said:
I don't really have much of an obsession. I visit an Apple blog every few days to see what's up with the new iPhone/iPad news, but every time I see a story like this I can't help but post it to show how wrong you are. The second story is from Business Insider, which I read daily.

Uhmmmm....

OK. :rolleyes:

CowboyMcCoy

Business is a Boomin
Reaction score
vta;4017027 said:
Steve is coming and Apple is coming with him.
You can't escape now. :D

I loved Apple back when they were the small guys on the block. Now it's like a cult...and I don't think their domination is good for the market.

Things always change over time. Now is a good time to own Apple. Dell is down to what? $16 per?

LOL @ Michael Dell

But still, when will the fad end?

CowboyMcCoy

Business is a Boomin
Reaction score
SultanOfSix;4017093 said:
As much as I admire the brilliance of Jobs, I don't think such a fact is something to emphasize or celebrate the way the US government blows through money.

We're in trouble. I don't know what to do with my money other than hold it...

Dallas

Old bulletproof tiger
Reaction score
Our states Permanent Fund account balance is sitting at $40,886,000,000 and we didn't sell a phone once!!! :laugh2:

Jobs is doing it wrong.

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
Vtwin;4017722 said:
Uhmmmm....

OK. :rolleyes:
Seems pretty clear. It's less an obsession with Apple and more just a dig at someone who has an obsession with Apple.

urface59

Reaction score
After seeing Human CentiPad I don't think I could never bring myself to purchase another apple product... :eek:

Dallas

Old bulletproof tiger
Reaction score
theogt;4019235 said:
Seems pretty clear. It's less an obsession with Apple and more just a dig at someone who has an obsession with Apple.

Or your own obsession w/ that "someone"? Either way you dance, you get caught in your own obsession.

Don't be coy, Roy. :D

vta

The Proletariat
Reaction score
CowboyMcCoy;4018980 said:
I loved Apple back when they were the small guys on the block. Now it's like a cult...and I don't think their domination is good for the market.

Things always change over time. Now is a good time to own Apple. Dell is down to what? $16 per?

LOL @ Michael Dell

But still, when will the fad end?

I just use it and don't worry about it. If someone can come up with something as simply utilitarian I'll gladly use it.

Though I wish I had the foresight to buy Apple stock back when it was $15.00. I'd be using my Mac as a seat before my easel.

Reaction score
I despise Macs, everything Apple stands for, a lot of their stereotypical owners, their uninformed owners, and quite frankly Jobs himself...yet I have an iPhone and love it. That says a lot.

However I will NEVER EVER own a Macbook.

rkell87

Reaction score
theogt;4017453 said:
so when is the iphone 5 coming out?

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
Cowboys Fan NJ;4019890 said:
I despise Macs, everything Apple stands for, a lot of their stereotypical owners, their uninformed owners, and quite frankly Jobs himself...yet I have an iPhone and love it. That says a lot.

However I will NEVER EVER own a Macbook.
I'm the same way. I don't even like iPods. Can't stand any computer Apple ever put out. Hate the operating system. But iPhones and iPads are heads and shoulders above the crowd. They're just great devices.

urface59

Reaction score
theogt;4020027 said:
I'm the same way. I don't even like iPods. Can't stand any computer Apple ever put out. Hate the operating system. But iPhones and iPads are heads and shoulders above the crowd. They're just great devices.

The ipods now are like the exact same thing as the iphones without the phone service part.

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
urface59;4020032 said:
The ipods now are like the exact same thing as the iphones without the phone service part.
The iPod Touch, yes. But then why would anyone ever get one of those? Why not just get an iPhone?

Teren_Kanan

Reaction score
Meh.

Apple puts out some good gadgets. I don't agree with a lot of their business ethics, but gadgets they can do. Iphones, Ipods and the like are all very awesome.

They need to stay away from computers though because they are awful at it. Macs are a joke right now for any type of casual computer user. Macs have *always* been a joke when it comes to computing. Macs are for the computer illiterate, and old folks who don't have the time to learn how to really use a computer.

I've owned and used nearly every type of PC out there. I have also owned 4 different macs, and worked on some very high powered macs at work/school. Macs do not, and have not ever held a candle to a PC in any way shape or form. They simply do not compare.