Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Applebee's Is Accepting Gift Cards from Anywhere

Danielle Tullo
Cosmopolitan
March 16, 2017

213082535b913ce377bef6ae1e317567

That Abercrombie & Fitch gift card you got from Aunt Peggy for Christmas - even though you haven't shopped there since high school - finally has a purpose. Instead of letting it collect dust in your junk drawer, you can head to Applebee's and use it to pay for dinner. For the remainder of March, Applebee's locations in Texas will accept gift cards or expired coupons - from anywhere, even non-Applebee's businesses (!!!) - to pay for up to 50 percent of your bill. They will literally take any paper, plastic, or printed coupon or gift card, and apply its value to the cost of your food. Have a coupon for $2 off canned soup for the grocery store? Use it at Applebee's and get $2 off your check instead. The offer just can't be combined with any other Applebee's offer and it can't be applied to alcohol (boo).

In a press release, Applebee's said the idea for the promotion came after noticing customers had expired coupons and gift cards to places they've never visited before. Chief operating officer of the Apple Texas franchise group Chris Dharod thinks the promotion will bring in customers who will eventually become regulars. In a statement, he said, "We know that when our neighbors taste our food and relax in our atmosphere, they will become Applebee's fans for life."

https://www.yahoo.com/news/applebees-accepting-gift-cards-anywhere-163729537.html

rynochop

Reaction score
I'm not one to gripe about restaurants but Applebee's sucks

pjtoadie

Well known member
Reaction score

Yeah I'm not a fan of Applebee's. There's been a couple of times it was good but mostly I don't have good experiences there. My wife and kids like it so I deal with it when we go. Luckily we don't go that often lol.

Trouty

Kellen Moore baby
Reaction score
Lol!!! My first thought! I'd pick Chilis (bleh) over that place.

A long time ago (around 2002) they had the best habenero hot wings on earth. It was weird, they were so damn good. Would go there just for the hot wings, a ton of blue cheese and ranch, and their side salad. Once they got rid of em, I only go there on the rarest of occasions.

It is an interesting concept, tho, admittedly.

Trouty

Kellen Moore baby
Reaction score
Yeah I'm not a fan of Applebee's. There's been a couple of times it was good but mostly I don't have good experiences there. My wife and kids like it so I deal with it when we go. Luckily we don't go that often lol.

Same here (the kid part :)), only go when my son wants it, PJ. Thankfully, he chooses Outback or Hard Rock Cafe more often of the three

rynochop

Reaction score
Lol!!! My first thought! I'd pick Chilis (bleh) over tha

A long time ago (around 2002) they had the best habenero hot wings on earth. It was weird, they were so damn good. Would go there just for the hot wings, a ton of blue cheese and ranch, and their side salad. Once they got rid of em, I only go there on the rarest of occasions.

It is an interesting concept, tho, admittedly.
My girlfriends dad had a painting company that painted a Chilis, said literally every food item came frozen. From the lettuce to the meat.
Their southwest egg rolls are good.ha

Trouty

Kellen Moore baby
Reaction score
My girlfriends dad had a painting company that painted a Chilis, said literally every food item came frozen. From the lettuce to the meat.
Their southwest egg rolls are good.ha
:)

Ryno, if you have a BJs near you, their avocado eggrolls are divine! OMgosh, so good!

Supercowboy1986

Reaction score
I'm not sure if it's an Austin thing or if all applebees do it but after midnight it turns into a club. Djs, bouncers, off duty police, bottle service and everything. No joke, people here refer to it as "club Applebee's" and it gets PACKED.

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
back in high school i had a friend that worked at dominos i believe. pizza hut had an ad campaign that said they would accept all other competitors coupons. so he got with his manager and printed up a ton of "Your Favorite Large Pizza with up to 5 Toppings - $2!" and left the expiration date blank. he'd stamp it with that days date and order from pizza hut.

he did that for a few months and suddenly pizza huts coupon policy changed i believe.

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
back in high school i had a friend that worked at dominos i believe. pizza hut had an ad campaign that said they would accept all other competitors coupons. so he got with his manager and printed up a ton of "Your Favorite Large Pizza with up to 5 Toppings - $2!" and left the expiration date blank. he'd stamp it with that days date and order from pizza hut.

he did that for a few months and suddenly pizza huts coupon policy changed i believe.

I thought having a friend who worked at Dairy Queen was nice, since he would sneak us out a dilly bar every once in a while. But your friend...that turd ruined it for others with his selfish ways. :p

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
I thought having a friend who worked at Dairy Queen was nice, since he would sneak us out a dilly bar every once in a while. But your friend...that turd ruined it for others with his selfish ways. :p

well i got a few pizzas out of it but once the policy was changed, it was over. just funny they always set it to expire the day they used it. at one point pizza hut called dominos to validate the coupon and got his manager who was "in on it" and the manager said yep, reap.