Apple's domination continues

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I have some youtube subscriptions to some tech sites. Most of them are android users but recently one guy decided he would go with the Iphone 6+ for two weeks and report on some of the plus and minuses.

I have watched his review after one week and it was refreshing to see someone who is clearly a fan of one(android) do a fair review of another phone and OS.

You know the guy is going to go back to android but you can tell he is trying to do a good job in the review and point out the positives and negatives of the iphone6+ instead of just being a fan boy of one and ripping on the other.

For those interested...

I also like how he says that there is not a way to do this or that on Iphone and then says, at least I can't find it if there is and if anyone knows that there is, let me know how....this is vs a lot of article I read where someone will say you can do this on apple but not on android or the other way around when I know that the ability does already exist for a specific topic/complaint.

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
There was the Apple misstep, they should have launched without the AT&T restriction and they would have a huge stranglehold on the market.
I don't buy into that.

Regardless of provider, some people don't want to pay that much for a phone.

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
I don't buy into that.

Sorry. While that is true for some people. (A lot of people will spend money of gadgets before taking care of real bills.... Lol) anyways...

The misstep is more true.
For years, Verizon users wanted an iPhone.... complained that they couldnt get the iPhone because they weren't switching to at&t. Etc....

EST_1986

Reaction score
I don't buy into that.

yea SOME people, but the reason of the world would pay for it and having it initially accessible to all carriers they would have had a huge leg up on the competition

TheCount

Pixel Pusher
Reaction score
Imagine if Apple launched their iPhones without excluding carriers/people?
They left a door, no doors open got competitors. They could have crushed everyone from jump street.

As great as they are. And I mean great. They blew it there.

They would have 80% market share.

They would be the google of smart phones.

I think one angle you're missing is that, at the time, it was a big gamble. They weren't a phone company, they made music players. This was before the app store, before

AT&T (Cingular), on the other hand, was a giant provider who was in position to call some shots - including demanding exclusivity in exchange for their championing Apple's new-to-market OS AND hardware - not to mention sharing in development costs to lessen the risk for Apple.

They wouldn't have had 80% anyway, because the phone was pricy. Back then, it wasn't uncommon for carriers to give away phones. The idea that today you can pay $600 for a phone and still be required to sign a two year contract didn't exist at the time.

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
I think one angle you're missing is that, at the time, it was a big gamble. They weren't a phone company, they made music players. This was before the app store, before

AT&T (Cingular), on the other hand, was a giant provider who was in position to call some shots - including demanding exclusivity in exchange for their championing Apple's new-to-market OS AND hardware - not to mention sharing in development costs to lessen the risk for Apple.

They wouldn't have had 80% anyway, because the phone was pricy. Back then, it wasn't uncommon for carriers to give away phones. The idea that today you can pay $600 for a phone and still be required to sign a two year contract didn't exist at the time.

I wouldn't say big gamble. Apple dumped Jobs. When he came back it was his show, his terms. He wasn't wishing and a hoping. The iPhone was the future.mhe knew and introduced and everyone knew it.

There is more to the story than what you posted. It was a money play and Jobs beat Cingular up. Lol great story in and of itself.

80% was a just a number I threw out.... Could have been 79% lol

No one can deny it would be much more. Probably double to what they have now. Double the access double the customers. Pretty basic math.

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
No but you're a troll obviously.

that's ok. I've invested heavily in trolls so I encourage them no matter how annoying doing so is to the rest of the world. then, if they make fun of me for pimping my troll, I call them names and flip it back on them even though it started with me.

in any event, I'm all for the trolls cause I need new shoes.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
that's ok. I've invested heavily in trolls so I encourage them no matter how annoying doing so is to the rest of the world. then, if they make fun of me for pimping my troll, I call them names and flip it back on them even though it started with me.

Smart ***.

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
No but you're a troll obviously.

Things I did not do:
I did proclaim my opion as to anything being the greatest. Especially, when it is preference
I did not try to qualify my post with an Fred Corleone, "I'm Schmart, I'm Scmart" post

Things I did do:
Gave an opinion on an Apple strategy or misstep
Still disagreed but gave Apple tons of kudos. They more than earned them.
And last but not least...
I sidnt agree with you..... which resulted in me being outed as a troll

You get a deal on shoes?