Applying for a job with the Department of Defense

Cowpolk

Landry Hat
Reaction score
I am 63 years old do ya think It will have any negative effects on my chances ? I really want this job it is for big bucks and I am specialized in the type of work they want me to do. Read the requirements and have done everything on the list.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I am 63 years old do ya think It will have any negative effects on my chances ? I really want this job it is for big bucks and I am specialized in the type of work they want me to do. Read the requirements and have done everything on the list.
I thought you retired?

Tabascocat

Dexternjack
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Good luck but it is real vague on what job exactly. Age might be a problem but again, no idea what specialty/title you would have.

I suspect the government would hire someone younger at half the price :(

Cowpolk

Landry Hat
Reaction score
Good luck but it is real vague on what job exactly. Age might be a problem but again, no idea what specialty/title you would have.

I'm an Aerospace Inspector / Quality Engineer

csirl

Reaction score

Arent there rules against ageism for Government jobs? They cant even request a d.o.b. on application forms?

Cowpolk

Landry Hat
Reaction score
Arent there rules against ageism for Government jobs? They cant even request a d.o.b. on application forms?
Was wondering if they had a mandatory retirement age I can make more money in 5 years than I've made in the last 32 if I can get myself hired Requires a high level security clearance but I have high enough clearance to inspect stealth fighter parts right now and do

Chrispierce

Reaction score
63? Maybe...I don't know though? Sure can't hurt to try GP,and think you'd do just fine.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Went back to work as a contractor got bored Am actually making more money now than I was on a job I had for 31 years And dont have a boss
Sounds peachy but I could never have been self-employed. My boss would have been too lenient and probably wouldn't have cared whether I showed up for work or not.

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
In six years you'll be 69......dont know why that popped in my head. Good luck.