Appreciating Greatness

rcaldw

Reaction score
I hope that Tony Romo ends up taking us to a Super Bowl one day. And I hope that he leads us to one or more Super Bowl titles. But I also hope that one thing that would come out of a day like yesterday is that people would stop looking at QB's through fantasy football eyes. STATS. STATS STATS

Troy Aikman was never appreciated in Dallas or around the NFL for what he really was. He was a GREAT big game QB, period. Composed, deadly accurate, and did what it took to win games, and did what it took not to lose games.

In preparation for THIS year's playoffs (was completely fired up and now completely deflated) I watched our 92 Super Bowl win, watched our 95 NFC Championship win against the Packers as well.

After the 95 win against the Packers Mike Holmgrem came to the Cowboys lockeroom to congratulate Aikman personally. It was the only time he has ever done that.

Let me also say that I was right about Norv Turner. Maybe Wade was the best man for the job here, as most of you said, but Norv Turner can coach, as he proved yesterday against the Colts.