Apps worth paying for?

Hardline

Reaction score
What apps do you have on your phone that you pay or paid for that you think is worth the money?
Example...

Weather apps
Music apps.

There's a few apps I use that I kill me with ads and considering purchasing the full version.

Creeper

Reaction score
Good question. I paid for one app which is a call blocker and it once worked really well. But it has a ridiculous limit on blocking ranges of numbers, I can only block ranges of 40,000 numbers, which if you are trying to block all 800 and 900 numbers you have to set up a lot of ranges. Then, there is a limit on the number of numbers you can block so there is really no way to block all 800 and 900 numbers. I don't know who wrote this app but it seems to me adding a feature to block all 800 numbers should be one line of code, 2 lines if you want to allow exclusions.

The app also has a reverse phone number lookup. When I get a call I do not recognize, I can look up the number to see who it is. It is good to find out who owns some telemarketing numbers so I can report them.

But the spammers are getting really good at bypassing these apps so I am actually using the iPhone feature to block all calls not in my contact list. I miss a few calls, one or two were really important, my phone is not ringing 20 times a day with calls from telemarketing scams.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
The only one I pay for is Sirius/XM, and that gives me the service in my car, my phone, and my laptop. The phone app is actually free with the subscription.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Good question. I paid for one app which is a call blocker and it once worked really well. But it has a ridiculous limit on blocking ranges of numbers, I can only block ranges of 40,000 numbers, which if you are trying to block all 800 and 900 numbers you have to set up a lot of ranges. Then, there is a limit on the number of numbers you can block so there is really no way to block all 800 and 900 numbers. I don't know who wrote this app but it seems to me adding a feature to block all 800 numbers should be one line of code, 2 lines if you want to allow exclusions.

The app also has a reverse phone number lookup. When I get a call I do not recognize, I can look up the number to see who it is. It is good to find out who owns some telemarketing numbers so I can report them.

But the spammers are getting really good at bypassing these apps so I am actually using the iPhone feature to block all calls not in my contact list. I miss a few calls, one or two were really important, my phone is not ringing 20 times a day with calls from telemarketing scams.
My Android automatically lets me know if a call is suspected spam, and I can just ignore it.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
What apps do you have on your phone that you pay or paid for that you think is worth the money?
Example...

Weather apps
Music apps.

There's a few apps I use that I kill me with ads and considering purchasing the full version.
YouTube Music definitely

Reverend Conehead

Reaction score
I've paid for a couple chess programs. They weren't that expensive, and it's so much nicer to pay a game of chess without any annoying ads. I also paid for a guitar app that put a whole bunch of music theory at my fingertips when I need it and also has a good tuner. What else? Also a restaurant finding app is super nice to have when I'm traveling. It's super nice to be able to find the kind of food I want, like Chinese, Indian, Japanese, or whatever instead of just settling for some crap like Burger King just because it's what I happened to find. I also paid for Business Calendar because it's quite a lot nicer than the calendar program that came with my Android.