April 20

peplaw06

That Guy
Reaction score
There were a couple of shootings tonight in my town. A gunman opened fire at a Hastings entertainment store, then drove to a nearby bar where he was heard yelling "white power," opened fire, and killed the young man at the door. The police pursued the gunman to a house where he ran inside and shot himself.

After hearing what he yelled, I immediately noted the date. April 20 was Hitler's birthday, the date of the Columbine shooting, and April 19 was the OKC Bombing.

Not to say that this is on the scale of those two tragedies, thank God. And the Hitler connection may never be the real intent behind this incident. But it's unsettling to say the least. Can't believe something like this happened so close to home.

bbgun

Benched
Reaction score
peplaw06;3357432 said:
There were a couple of shootings tonight in my town. A gunman opened fire at a Hastings entertainment store, then drove to a nearby bar where he was heard yelling "white power," opened fire, and killed the young man at the door. The police pursued the gunman to a house where he ran inside and shot himself.

After hearing what he yelled, I immediately noted the date. April 20 was Hitler's birthday, the date of the Columbine shooting, and April 19 was the OKC Bombing.

Not to say that this is on the scale of those two tragedies, thank God. And the Hitler connection may never be the real intent behind this incident. But it's unsettling to say the least. Can't believe something like this happened so close to home.

Ask Bob if he has an alibi.

Dawgs0916

Will the Thrill
Reaction score
He was probably high. My two pothead roomates have been going on and on about this being some sort of get high holiday.

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
Dawgs0916;3357443 said:
He was probably high. My two pothead roomates have been going on and on about this being some sort of get high holiday.

It's the pothead national holiday of sorts. 420. So whenever you see 420 scrawled somewhere as graffiti. Now you know what it stands for.

Dawgs0916

Will the Thrill
Reaction score
it really seems like just a big waste of money to me but to each his own i guess

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
This is why I read this forum?

:bang2:

(stupid cowboy fans)

Tusan_Homichi

Heisenberg
Reaction score
Dawgs0916;3357443 said:

I doubt he was high on marijuana if he was high. If he were, I don't think he'd have found the motivation to go out and do that.

SaltwaterServr

Blank Paper Offends Me
Reaction score
Ozzu;3357481 said:
I doubt he was high on marijuana if he was high. If he were, I don't think he'd have found the motivation to go out and do that.

7-11 was out of Doritos?

gollum

Reaction score
Not that they are related, but wasn't the Branch Davidian compound fire on April 19 as well? My sister was really blessed to be born on such an auspicious day!

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
A couple of local radio stations were really talking up the entire 420 thing and I kept thinking to myself why bring more attention to the situation?

Concord

Mr. Buckeye
Reaction score
dude-wait-what.jpg

Faerluna

I'm Complicated
Reaction score
Dawgs0916;3357443 said:

People that smoke pot are going to be the last people to get violent.

Hoofbite

Reaction score
Dawgs0916;3357443 said:

Never met a pothead who was high and then went around terrorizing.

Hoofbite

Reaction score
peplaw06;3357432 said:

I watched a special on McVeigh the other day and he claims his 4/19 date was selected because of the start of the American Revolution.

Hoofbite

Reaction score
One thing I don't get about 4/20 is the obsession with it.

It makes no sense to me.

If you're a pot head, how is 4/20 any different than 4/19, 6/21, 10/31 or any other day on the calendar?

And why don't crack addicts have a collective day of bingeing?

Anyone know the day for meth heads to join together and main line some speed?

hairic

Reaction score
Hoofbite;3360849 said:
One thing I don't get about 4/20 is the obsession with it.

It makes no sense to me.

If you're a pot head, how is 4/20 any different than 4/19, 6/21, 10/31 or any other day on the calendar?

And why don't crack addicts have a collective day of bingeing?

Anyone know the day for meth heads to join together and main line some speed?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/420_(cannabis_culture)