April 3 mock draft

morasp

Reaction score
With 26 out of 30 of the national visitors announced and Fanspeak adding their On The Clock Composite big board I went through another draft with the Cowboys visitors in mind. The only one picked that wasn't a visitor was the WR but we reportedly really like him.

58: R2P25 S Juan Thornhill Virginia
90: R3P26 Edge Christian Miller Alabama
128: R4P26 TE Dawson Knox Ole Miss
136: R4P34 RB Mike Weber Ohio St.
165: R5P27 WR Stanley Morgan Jr. Nebraska
241: R7P27 DL Trysten Hill UCF

Last edited:

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
With 26 out of 30 of the national visitors announced and Fanspeak adding their On The Clock Composite big board I went through another draft with the Cowboys visitors in mind. The only one picked that wasn't a visitor was the WR but we reportedly really like him.

Not bad; it would be a pretty nice haul.

I’m not sure about Miller in the 3rd though.

Sydla

Reaction score

I actually like this but I would really like to see a DT earlier than our last pick.

Unless of course they do something crazy like land Suh or McCoy. Then I could live with this draft. I don't need Mike Weber in the 4th though.

morasp

Reaction score
I actually like this but I would really like to see a DT earlier than our last pick.

Unless of course they do something crazy like land Suh or McCoy. Then I could live with this draft. I don't need Mike Weber in the 4th though.
I don't have much confidence the he'll be there, NFL.com has him ranked the number eight DT but he may fall some due to character issues but not to round 7. I kind of new he would be there so I gamed the simulator a little.

Beaker42

Reaction score

Meh

Rayman70

Reaction score
Mocks should be mocked. THAT SAID, HERE is mine: 58- Gerald Willis(DT) 90- Christian Miller OLB/DE 126- Taylor Rapp(S) 136- Hunter Renfrow (wr) 165- Darrell Henderson(rb)..AND LASTLY at 241...- john Cominsky DE.

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score

Not a huge Morgan fan but would take that draft every day of the week, twice on Sunday.

Hardline

Reaction score
I've been seeing Dawson Knox getting mentioned a lot lately.

morasp

Reaction score
Not a huge Morgan fan but would take that draft every day of the week, twice on Sunday.
I would also prefer a small quick guy like Beasley. I have read some things about Morgan though that made him grow on me a little. BTB did a mock and said he's one of the best route runners in the draft. That's important for us because too often the receivers aren't where they're supposed to be and it seems like if they weren't good route runners in college they have a hard time picking it up once they get to the NFL. The other thing I read was the he has "Impressive ability to rescue low throws" which should make him Dak friendly. One thing that they say about most of the small quick guys is that they have a small catch radius and need an accurate passer.

reddyuta

Reaction score
I would take Knox in the 4th Rd but i suspect he will go way early.

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score
I would also prefer a small quick guy like Beasley. I have read some things about Morgan though that made him grow on me a little. BTB did a mock and said he's one of the best route runners in the draft. That's important for us because too often the receivers aren't where they're supposed to be and it seems like if they weren't good route runners in college they have a hard time picking it up once they get to the NFL. The other thing I read was the he has "Impressive ability to rescue low throws" which should make him Dak friendly. One thing that they say about most of the small quick guys is that they have a small catch radius and need an accurate passer.
If you replaced him with Wake Forest's Greg Dortch, the draft would be an A++.

morasp

Reaction score
If you replaced him with Wake Forest's Greg Dortch, the draft would be an A++.
He was available, as well as Penny Hart but Hunter Renfrow was gone at that point. It should be interesting to see what they do. It kind of looks like they've brought in a WR from each round just in case no one else is there that they like.

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
I just can't get into using a 2nd-round pick on a safety. I just don't think there's enough plays to be made in this defense to get much value from a safety there.

conner01

Reaction score
Realistic
If I was having to place a bet today I’d bet on thorn hill being the pick at 58 of all the options