3 - Daylon Mack - DT

4 - Anthony Nelson - DE/DT

4 - Caleb Wilson - TE

5 - Malik Gant - SS

6 - Hunter Renfrow - Slot WR

7 - Alex Mattison - RB

Killerinstinct

Reaction score
Looks good to me. I could do without the TE and late round SS and I really don't think we need a WR at all so mine would look similar but a little different.

2. Thornhill S
3. Khalen Saunders DT
4. Daylon Mack DT Used the 5th to trade up and grab Mack.
4. Rodney Anderson RB
7. Greenlaw LB

Thornhill while not ideal for SS would do well in our system
I really want Jeffrey Simmons but don't see it happening so Khalen Saunders was the best 3 tech I can find.
Daylon Mack has a shot at being as good as Dexter Lawrence 5 star recruit that came on in his senior year.
Rodney Anderson if he can stay healthy is one of the best backs in the draft.
Greenlaw special teams and LB to groom.

I don't need a TE. I want to see Jarwin and Schultz develop.
I don't need a WR. I want to see Cedric Wilson and Devin Smith.

We don't have a 6th rd pick.

cnuball21

Reaction score
Looks good to me. I could do without the TE and late round SS and I really don't think we need a WR at all so mine would look similar but a little different.

2. Thornhill S
3. Khalen Saunders DT
4. Rodney Anderson RB
7. Greenlaw LB

I really want Jeffrey Simmons but don't see it happening so Khalen Saunders was the best 3 tech I can find.
Daylon Mack has a shot at being as good as Dexter Lawrence 5 star recruit that came on in his senior year.

I like Saunders, but I'm worried about his ability to anchor and effect the run at the next level. I think Mack is a better overall prospect, and you'd likely have to take him with our 3rd if you want him.

Daygoboy6191

Reaction score
2 - Juan Thornhill - DB

3 - Daylon Mack - DT

4 - Anthony Nelson - DE/DT

4 - Caleb Wilson - TE

5 - Malik Gant - SS

6 - Hunter Renfrow - Slot WR

7 - Alex Mattison - RB

I like it, but I think they will be looking for a CB in the later rounds if not sooner.

cnuball21

Reaction score
I like it, but I think they will be looking for a CB in the later rounds if not sooner.

I'd be ok if there was a solid CB option later in the draft...but keep in mind Woods and Thornhill would give us 2 dudes that have slot CB ability.

Daygoboy6191

Reaction score
I'd be ok if there was a solid CB option later in the draft...but keep in mind Woods and Thornhill would give us 2 dudes that have slot CB ability.

Cowboys like taking CB's in the draft, and IDK if they take 2 d-linemen back to back. One of those 4th rounders IMO will be another DB.

cnuball21

Reaction score
Cowboys like taking CB's in the draft, and IDK if they take 2 d-linemen back to back. One of those 4th rounders IMO will be another DB.

I gave em 2 DBs to upgrade arguably the biggest weakness at our S spots...you want to give them 3?

Daygoboy6191

Reaction score
I gave em 2 DBs to upgrade arguably the biggest weakness at our S spots...you want to give them 3?

Considering they didn't take 1 last year I don't think they will go back to back years without selecting a CB with 2 key CB's being potential FA's.

With the draft being stacked along the d-line there will be a wave of those guys who are cut they can look into. Like some mentioned McCoy is someone who is probably going to hit the open market especially if they draft a DT.

cnuball21

Reaction score
Considering they didn't take 1 last year I don't think they will go back to back years without selecting a CB with 2 key CB's being potential FA's.

With the draft being stacked along the d-line there will be a wave of those guys who are cut they can look into. Like some mentioned McCoy is someone who is probably going to hit the open market especially if they draft a DT.

To each their own...

I'd prefer to add young talent at DL in this draft then continue to add late rounders and cut players hoping they pan out like we've been doing.

Knowing our FO though...you may be right.

Daygoboy6191

Reaction score
To each their own...

I'd prefer to add young talent at DL in this draft then continue to add late rounders and cut players hoping they pan out like we've been doing.

Knowing our FO though...you may be right.

I’m just saying what I think they will do. I think 1 s and a cb would be the route they go but wouldn’t be surprised if they draft 3 db’s.

Kolemmitt

Reaction score
Am I the only one that struggles to justify a WR until at least round 5? I mean, I understand if he is the clear BPA, but dang, we have holes to fill at other spots and we should have our 1 and 2 WR for at least the next three years. We have our clear #3 this year and several guys that can play roles this year. We also have some young, promising guys already.

cnuball21

Reaction score
Am I the only one that struggles to justify a WR until at least round 5? I mean, I understand if he is the clear BPA, but dang, we have holes to fill at other spots and we should have our 1 and 2 WR for at least the next three years. We have our clear #3 this year and several guys that can play roles this year. We also have some young, promising guys already.

I didn’t give us a WR until round 6? I’m lost...

Canada180

bannedontherun88
Reaction score

2. Thornhill S
3. Khalen Saunders DT
4. Rodney Anderson RB
7. Greenlaw LB