Apt for today

Phoenix

Reaction score
http://i46.***BLOCKED***/albums/f131/vsmith23/BT18GzmIYAATc4sjpglarge_zps7692ea81.jpg

Never Forget.

Phoenix

Reaction score
Photo taken just when the south tower began to collapse

http://i46.***BLOCKED***/albums/f131/vsmith23/BT4xIjFCYAA12xzjpglarge_zps337a664b.jpg

WV Cowboy

Waitin' on the 6th
Reaction score
That was truly a “one of a kind day.” I remember a lot about that day.
We were at work watching it all unfold in disbelief, .. we all then went home early and watched more on TV that afternoon.
Later that evening, after they had shut down ALL air traffic, .. I was hitting golf balls in the back yard and a HUGE white plane flew over, .. very low, and going slow. Eery.
It was headed east towards Washington D.C.
I have always wondered who was in that plane, where it was coming from and where it was going.
Quite an unbelievable day. Horrible.
I have always thought that even the terrorists were shocked that both towers fell.

Phoenix

Reaction score
That was truly a “one of a kind day.” I remember a lot about that day.
We were at work watching it all unfold in disbelief, .. we all then went home early and watched more on TV that afternoon.
Later that evening, after they had shut down ALL air traffic, .. I was hitting golf balls in the back yard and a HUGE white plane flew over, .. very low, and going slow. Eery.
It was headed east towards Washington D.C.
I have always wondered who was in that plane, where it was coming from and where it was going.

I was working at Delta just outside the ATL airport. Talk about eerie when the skies went quiet.

That huge white plane - I wonder if it might have been either Air Force One or maybe the E-4B Doomsday Plane...?

(see Ari Fleischer's amazing twitter ( @AriFleischer ) timeline from today - he tweeted what that day was like for him & Bush and referenced both of those planes...)

WV Cowboy

Waitin' on the 6th
Reaction score
That huge white plane - I wonder if it might have been either Air Force One or maybe the E-4B Doomsday Plane...?

(see Ari Fleischer's amazing twitter ( @AriFleischer ) timeline from today - he tweeted what that day was like for him & Bush and referenced both of those planes...)

Pretty cool reading that.

Probably was one of those two planes, no other planes were in the sky.

TheCowboy

Reaction score
I was working at Delta just outside the ATL airport. Talk about eerie when the skies went quiet.

What happened to those flights that were currently in-route at the time of the attack? I was a little bit too young to really know what was going on at the time.

arglebargle

Reaction score
Gander, Newfoundland got a huge number of the diverted international flights from Europe. Pretty much every family in the area took in people, and every school, church and civic building was converted for shelter. Pretty interesting story there. Had a good friend who was returning from a job in Norway who was on the tarmac in London when it happened, and ended up staying in England for a week.

CowboyMcCoy

Business is a Boomin
Reaction score
I still can't believe we have not arrested and jailed the United States terrorists who did this.