Twitter: Aqib Talib: "Trevon Diggs is going to be a star in this league"

DanTanna

Original Zone Member
Reaction score
LOL. Didn't Talib and his mom get into a fight with someone in Tampa and she pulled out a gun and shot multiple shots at people?

speedkilz88

Reaction score
Chaisson would have been their guy over Diggs. Diggs was being considered if Chaisson was gone. (Not expecting Lamb there of course)

kumizi

Reaction score
LOL. Didn't Talib and his mom get into a fight with someone in Tampa and she pulled out a gun and shot multiple shots at people?
Dude is trash. If I ran the Cowboys, I'd be worried about my young players hanging around a guy like that.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
Glad we got Lamb and Diggs. That just made the draft, was so expect us to be stuck in a no win situation taking Chaisson.

Most of this draft was just crazy value. Lamb, Diggs, Gallimore, Biadasz, Anae. If DiNucci can even be a credible backup, that's huge. Robinson is the only ordinary pick to me. Good pick. But ordinary. Everyone else was a jackpot.

texbumthelife

Reaction score
He very well could be. I don’t remember a young secondary guy getting off to as fast a start in camp as Diggs.

I still think he’s going to struggle a bit in zone for at least his first year but he has all the tools to be great.

I think he'll actually be better in zone than man at least to start. He has great ball in air skills and break, but he's gonna get out in the spin cycle when NFL receivers throw double moves on him. He's too handsy and aggressive. He'll eventually learn to read keys, but he's gonna be toast quite a bit this season.

KeepinTime

Reaction score
What did he do?
In July 2008, Talib was involved in a fistfight with fellow Buccaneers rookie Cory Boyd.[79] In the early morning of June 5, 2016, Talib was shot in the leg outside a Dallas strip club. He was released from the hospital the same day. [80] It was later revealed that Talib falsified the report, having actually shot himself in the leg and lied to police. [81]

On August 20, 2009, Talib allegedly battered a taxi driver and he was arrested by Florida Highway Patrol and booked into the Pinellas County jail, charged with resisting arrest without violence and simple battery.[83][84]

In March 2011, police in Garland, Texas issued a felony warrant for Talib for aggravated assault with a deadly weapon after he was accused of firing a gun at his sister's boyfriend.[85] He was later released on $25,000 bond. Talib was indicted on the charge in May 2011.[86] On June 18, 2012, the charges were dropped due to insufficient evidence and character concerns with the accuser.[87]

Mr_437

Reaction score
In July 2008, Talib was involved in a fistfight with fellow Buccaneers rookie Cory Boyd.[79] In the early morning of June 5, 2016, Talib was shot in the leg outside a Dallas strip club. He was released from the hospital the same day. [80] It was later revealed that Talib falsified the report, having actually shot himself in the leg and lied to police. [81]

On August 20, 2009, Talib allegedly battered a taxi driver and he was arrested by Florida Highway Patrol and booked into the Pinellas County jail, charged with resisting arrest without violence and simple battery.[83][84]

In March 2011, police in Garland, Texas issued a felony warrant for Talib for aggravated assault with a deadly weapon after he was accused of firing a gun at his sister's boyfriend.[85] He was later released on $25,000 bond. Talib was indicted on the charge in May 2011.[86] On June 18, 2012, the charges were dropped due to insufficient evidence and character concerns with the accuser.[87]
Oh, is that all:laugh:

Doomsday101

Reaction score

I don't want Talib teaching Diggs life lessons just the art of playing CB.

GhostOfPelluer

Reaction score
By all accounts Talib, who had a rough view of the world growing up and was wild in his younger days, has matured considerably. As much as I didn't like Talib as a player, his personality was a plus as a DB and I'd have no problem with that rubbing off on Diggs. The insistence to win every snap is what we've been missing and Talib had that.

The Natural

Reaction score
I'm just trying to figure out how positive feedback on one of our rookie players turned into "dId yall hear bout whut Talib deed th0". smh

KDM256

Reaction score
Diggs getting high praise doesn't shock me at all. Kid was a baller and a first round lock before injuries got in the way at Alabama.

Special teams should also look into this kid doing KRs too because Diggs can hurt opposing teams in that area as well.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
Most of this draft was just crazy value. Lamb, Diggs, Gallimore, Biadasz, Anae. If DiNucci can even be a credible backup, that's huge. Robinson is the only ordinary pick to me. Good pick. But ordinary. Everyone else was a jackpot.
I still want to see if Robinson can transition to safety, he has upside,,

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
I still want to see if Robinson can transition to safety, he has upside,,

Me too. But that kind of developmental transition player is the kind of thing to expect in the 4th round. Not bad value. Not great value.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Interesting about that 2008 draft that Talib was in.

Supposedly very deep at corner, and Dallas was pretty much definitely taking one early (in addition to the "wow" pick Jerry stood up and vowed to add).
Had two firsts.

Leodis McKelvin
Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie
Aquib Talib
Mike Jenkins
Antoine Cason
Brandon Flowers
Tracy Porter

Talib ended up being the best of all those guys. None of them completely busted but all were disappointing to a degree.

Flowers was ok for a bit. DRC was a journeyman. Porter made a play in front of the world.

Another interesting note was that Dallas selected Orlando Scandrick and KC selected Brandon Carr in the 5th round.

All the teams that took a 1st round corner swore they had the spot covered for a decade. Keep in mind for when we debate 1st round capital.
Very checkered class. Outside of Talib, all the highly drafted CB's had highs and lows. Jenkins had his one good year in 2009. McKelvin was decent, but like Anthony Brown decent. DRC had good years and bad years. Flowers looked like he was gonna be the best of the bunch for a while, the dropped of a cliff. Talib was the only one that played at a high level for his whole career. I know he has had his off the field issues, but I dont remember him having any issues on Sundays