News: Archer: 5 Wonders: Rookie class looks good

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Keyshawn Johnson wasn't a burner either but he had a very nice career using his big body and moving the chains by catching everything thrown his way.

Also a guy like Plaxico Burress never really got a lot of seperation from guys either but he could catch the ball with players draped all over him.

Let's just see what this guy can do in the Pre-Season.

reddyuta

Reaction score
Cowboys’ first four picks are all taking first-team snaps. ‘I don’t find that remarkable at all,’ Garrett said today. But it is.

-------------------------------
this feels real good,all 4 are potential long time starters.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The roster turnover since Garrett took over has been remarkable. Pretty solid drafts and key UDFA signings sure make a huge difference. This years draft class got routinely ripped initially but all along it looked solid to me.

speedkilz88

Reaction score
Keyshawn Johnson wasn't a burner either but he had a very nice career using his big body and moving the chains by catching everything thrown his way.

Also a guy like Plaxico Burress never really got a lot of seperation from guys either but he could catch the ball with players draped all over him.

Along with body type he does remind a little of Burress. Keyshawn incidentally was another 4.50 guy according to reports. Although I have to say by the time the Cowboys got him I hated his game. He was more like a TE playing WR.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

There's been a long list of guys who weren't burners who excelled in the NFL... Like Jerry Rice or Irvin or Keyshawn... And if you don't have the speed then you need something else to set you apart... to allow you to be successful. It goes beyond the measurables thing.

We'll see if this guy (and even to a certain degree Williams) has "it".

conner01

Reaction score
Beasly doesnt play ST and he wont have more than 25-30 catches a year,we can defintely do better .

no 4th or 5th wr is gonna have more catches than that. cole gets open and catches the ball. what more do you want from a player

speedkilz88

Reaction score
There's been a long list of guys who weren't burners who excelled in the NFL... Like Jerry Rice or Irvin or Keyshawn... And if you don't have the speed then you need something else to set you apart... to allow you to be successful. It goes beyond the measurables thing.

We'll see if this guy (and even to a certain degree Williams) has "it".

I know everybody does it. But Jerry Rice was a burner. There were rumors that the media picked up that he ran a 4.60 but Gil Brandt has said the Cowboys had him at 4.40. Then when you saw him on the field he ran away from people.

speedkilz88

Reaction score
I listened to talkin cowboys today and they were talking about the wrs. Interesting Broaddus brought up to the others on what kind of wr each guy was and they ended up saying Austin and Beasley were their inside guys. Sounded like they were calling Harris an outside guy.

coult44

Reaction score
With the production of Dez, Witten, Murray, Austin, and the other two TE's, our #3 WR is never going to put up huge numbers. Not having enough balls to go around is a good problem to have!