Twitter: Archer: Cowboys have sent a new proposal Dak's agent

Rayman70

Reaction score
lol..seems they keep sending the same offer they gave back in September . This isn't anything new. He's not signing for anything less than 35 mil per. I can almost promise you all this. This "new offer" is the same as the old one. Its stupid..just sign the man.

Sydla

Reaction score
I just want to see the end numbers. If we are around $35MM a year and around $105-110M guaranteed, I can live with it (won't love it but whatever). But if we get a deal where he kind of blows Wilson's numbers out of the water, then geezus.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Yep... We're signing away our Superbowl chances as it is with these contract offers.

Jerry is going to do exactly what I expected him to do..

Well, it could be worse, could be the Titans having to choose between Maritoa or Tannenhill, or a draft pick or a FA QB.
Could be NE, in bringing back an aging losing his skills Brady, or a draft pick or a FA.

Saints, what do they do about Brees, aging, give him a huge deal, go with that gadget QB, or sign Bridgewater. What does TB do about Winston.
Bengals with Dalton, do the draft Burrow who may or may not balk at playing there. Bears with Trubisky, or do the trade for Dalton.

At least we know what we have in Dak, a winning QB that needs help on the defense and ST's parts of the team.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
OH we aren't winning a championship unless the CBA comes in and saves the day.

We're signing a player that isn't worth this kind of money..

We've overpaid the RB position...

We're about to pay a ton for a WR who might quit any given Sunday...

We're letting one of the best corners in football walk but we want to play good defense...

By paying Dak the Cowboys are delaying their chances at a Superbowl.

See, it started already. :lmao2:

Rayman70

Reaction score
I just want to see the end numbers. If we are around $35MM a year and around $105-110M guaranteed, I can live with it (won't love it but whatever). But if we get a deal where he kind of blows Wilson's numbers out of the water, then geezus.
we have to forget wilsons deal. Wilsons deal looks like a bargain basement deal compared to what all QB's will be getting when this new CBA gets done this week. BETTER to sign him now than to wait. I rather pay him 35 mil per now, than be stupid and wait til after the new cba and have to pay him 39-40 mil per. PAY THE MAN NOW.

Kevinicus

Reaction score
NFL is a whole different business. It’s rare you see a guy become a free agent and take a pay cut. Especially someone of Dak’s caliber and age.
Who said anything about Dak taking a paycut?

And, it does happen quite frequently. Older guys decline, and have to take lesser deals. Guys who were drafted high and didn't pan out as expected and then don't make as much after their first contract.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
Who are you kidding no matter the deal you’ll be here posting and moaning because it’s all you do.

Sydla

Reaction score
we have to forget wilsons deal. Wilsons deal looks like a bargain basement deal compared to what all QB's will be getting when this new CBA gets done this week. BETTER to sign him now than to wait. I rather pay him 35 mil per now, than be stupid and wait til after the new cba and have to pay him 39-40 mil per. PAY THE MAN NOW.

Wilson signed less than a year ago and the thought a new CBA on the horizon was there.

StuckMojo

Reaction score
Well, it could be worse, could be the Titans having to choose between Maritoa or Tannenhill, or a draft pick or a FA QB.
Could be NE, in bringing back an aging losing his skills Brady, or a draft pick or a FA.

Saints, what do they do about Brees, aging, give him a huge deal, go with that gadget QB, or sign Bridgewater. What does TB do about Winston.
Bengals with Dalton, do the draft Burrow who may or may not balk at playing there. Bears with Trubisky, or do the trade for Dalton.

At least we know what we have in Dak, a winning QB that needs help on the defense and ST's parts of the team.

I saw Tanneyhill in playoffs

Titans did better with Tannehill than we did with Dak

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Who said anything about Dak taking a paycut?

And, it does happen quite frequently. Older guys decline, and have to take lesser deals. Guys who were drafted high and didn't pan out as expected and then don't make as much after their first contract.
Ok but Dak isn’t a old guy and he wasn’t drafted high. And when I say pay cut I mean he shouldn’t take less than market value.

Rayman70

Reaction score
all QB's wanting a new deal will come in at and above what Wilson did after the new CBA is approved. Clock is ticking...we must may the man or be held at gun point for even bigger money .

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
I hope they settle a contract soon so I can finally sleep at night.