News: Archer: Cowboys Meeting with Marvin Lewis

Richmond Cowboy

Reaction score
Why though. No seriously, why?

He would fit right in. This from Wikipedia:

"While credited with returning the Bengals to respectability, Lewis' reputation was affected by a lack of postseason success and he was ultimately unable to lead the team to a playoff win. His 131 regular season victories, 16 years as a head coach, and seven postseason losses are the most of NFL head coaches who have not won a playoff game.[2]"

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
Lewis is about the same as Garrett. Might as well keep him if this is the best they can do.

Maybe that is the plan. Get the most boring and annoying candidates to come in for sham interviews and then throw up their hands and say "well, we tried, we like what we have.".

I’ve said as much; Garrett is the red-headed version of Lewis.

What have we done to deserve this???

romonumberone

Reaction score
You do not interview Marvin Lewis as a token interview. The token interview would be reserved for someone who has never coached before helping them with their interview skills, etc. You are not going to waste Marvin Lewis's time and disrespect him for all the years he has been a head coach for a token interview to satisfy the Rooney rule.

cowboy_ron

You Can't Fix Stupid
Reaction score
Lol, while moving so slow, now all the interviews have to be today?..... Jerry, Jerry, Jerry, you bumbling fool.

PUSHfold

Reaction score
If we get Marvin Lewis as HC I am done with this franchise until Jerry dies...I love my Cowboys as much as anyone but it'll be too much. At some point it becomes insanity to keep watching the same thing happen over and over again with the same results. I just don't think I could emotionally handle it.

Carson

Reaction score
You do not interview Marvin Lewis as a token interview. The token interview would be reserved for someone who has never coached before helping them with their interview skills, etc. You are not going to waste Marvin Lewis's time and disrespect him for all the years he has been a head coach for a token interview to satisfy the Rooney rule.

This guy gets it

Sarek

Povar
Reaction score
This meeting finished? Good. Give him a nice gift for his time and send him back to where ever he came from.

Cowboys22

Reaction score
Jesus, how do these guys feel taking the time to go through this? He has to know he is a token interview, he has to know.

Interviewing for any NFL job raises your profile and can help lead to future opportunities even if you know you won’t get the job. Why do you think people run for President when they are polling at 1%. It raises their profile and opens doors. They know they won’t win the nomination but they will be able to write books, get paid for speeches, get lucrative tv jobs, be appointed to some cushy gig, and keep all the money they raised for future campaigns. Lewis likely is the Rooney rule guy but if Jerry is thinking of putting together a highly experienced staff, they may have wanted to start a dialogue with Lewis for the DC job. It all makes sense unless he actually gets the HC job.

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
At first I thought who in their right mind thinks Lewis is good HC.....then I remembered you have to atleast interview a minority so now he makes sense as a guy to interview.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Aha. It all makes sense now.

Create the false flag with the Garrett thing dragging on so they could sneak in candidates under cover of darkness, beating out everyone else looking to get these guys.

Brilliant!

Apparently Jane didn't recognize him out in the parking lot.

This thing has not been a career highlight for her.