Twitter: Archer: Kony Ealy Contract Details

Sydla

Reaction score
Basically this tells me he's a camp body that could easily get cut if say a guy like Tapper surprises and performs well in camp (yes, I get that is unlikely) or maybe they draft someone and he's a monster.

He's a 4-5 sack guy, which is fine. I have no issues if he makes the roster. He's not an awful depth guy at DE.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
Wish they had added a 2nd team option year......hard to see him walk if he gets 10-12 sacks.

speedkilz88

Reaction score
Wish they had added a 2nd team option year......hard to see him walk if he gets 10-12 sacks.
I would to but I'm sure his agent didn't want to do it. I assume Cowboys would have had to put up a lot more to get that option.

Wood

Reaction score
Another very shrewd financial contract for the Cowboys. If they've identified correctly and half of these signings can play, they've had a very good free agency with what they've done.

thats the rub. They have handed out many shrewd contracts in FA last few years. They just don't hit on anyone. The question becomes: If they miss again on the group collectively...who bears responsibility and is their job on line?

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
thats the rub. They have handed out many shrewd contracts in FA last few years. They just don't hit on anyone. The question becomes: If they miss again on the group collectively...who bears responsibility and is their job on line?

In the past, the Director of Pro Scouting was yet another undeserving Garrett - Judd.

Within the past year, he was "reassigned" to Soecial Projects, rather than being deservedly fired outright.

It's now being handled by Alex Loomis, the son of Saints GM Mickey Loomis. Hopefully, we will begin to see better results based on this change.

Reaction score
Does this pave the way to cut Ty Crawford, who's been playing out of position at RDE? Ealy is just as good of a run defender and better outside pass rusher.

blindzebra

Reaction score
Another very shrewd financial contract for the Cowboys. If they've identified correctly and half of these signings can play, they've had a very good free agency with what they've done.
And cap room next year to lock them up.

Hawkeye19

Reaction score
He is an upgrade over Mayowa. He also fits better in this scheme than he did in NY. Good depth signing and he should be a solid rotational player. The contract is incentive laden and he will be motivated to prove his value since he's back on the open market in 2019.

Sydla

Reaction score

He's never had more than 5 sacks in a season, has 15 total in 4 years having played in just about every game over that period.

The fear that he might get to 12 sacks and we might lose him is probably a waste of a good fear.

CF74

Vet Min Plus
Reaction score
Here’s to hoping he has a “Breakout Year” with 10+ sacks...:starspin:

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

(I assume) 46 man roster bonuses are ltbe (active for 15 games in 2017)

Considering they paid Kyle Wilber about 1.75M per the past couple of years and they paid Byron Bell 2M last year, this seems like a good deal.