Twitter: Archer: Quinn is the favorite for DC

CowboysNation85

Reaction score
So is this guy any good? Is it one of those "great coordinator but not a good HC" situation? I know he took the Falcons to the SB but more recently he was the HC of a team that could never hold a lead and seemed like the defense gave up a lot of points
That’s what I think better DC then head coach

HungryLion

Reaction score
I wonder if his resume stated he once had a 28-3 lead on the Patriots in the superbowl

We should also state that Quinn’s defense forced two turnovers, one of which was a defensive touchdown, to get that 28-3 lead.

and all Shanahan’s offense had to do, was score 3 points in the second half and the falcons would have won a title.

so Yes as HC it’s ultimately on Quinn. But his defense did more than enough to win that game if the falcons offense does ANYTHING in the second half.

I wouldn’t want Quinn as a head coach.

but as a defensive coordinator? I think he is very qualified for the job

John813

Reaction score
We should also state that Quinn’s defense forced two turnovers, one of which was a defensive touchdown, to get that 28-3 lead.

and all Shanahan’s offense had to do, was score 3 points in the second half and the falcons would have won a title.

so Yes as HC it’s ultimately on Quinn. But his defense did more than enough to win that game if the falcons offense does ANYTHING in the second half.

I wouldn’t want Quinn as a head coach.

but as a defensive coordinator? I think he is very qualified for the job

I agree.

It was a team collapse sprinkled in with some Patriot luck.
But Kyle did overthink some of those 2nd half possessions. Especially their last one in the 4th.

Gaede

Reaction score
I know he did well with hall of fame level players. Time to see what he can do with garbage.

So sad that this is what any DC is going to deal with here.

Hey, you're really good! Well, now you get to try and call plays with Jaylon and Xavier Woods on the field!

Majic

Reaction score
We never learn do we...

Dear oh dear..

I can't believe this is what Mike McCarthy wanted. He has very little power and no say.

Just when we had a chance to rebuild a DEF with a modern approach

HungryLion

Reaction score
I agree.

It was a team collapse sprinkled in with some Patriot luck.
But Kyle did overthink some of those 2nd half possessions. Especially their last one in the 4th.

Yeah it was a heartbreaker. Team was never the same after either.

I have some
Questions about Quinn. But I do think it could be a good hire.

any DC you hire is going to have question marks. Every hire always does