Archer: Sam LaPorta was the top TE on Cowboys board

Kwyn

Reaction score
Yes and they telegraphed Te this year and lost their guy
What? They were not looking at TE in the first round. To get “their guy”, they would have to have moved up 25 picks from 59 to 34.

gtb1943

Reaction score
No one else I heard of had La porta ranked over either Kincaid or Meyer.

That frankly makes me question the quality of our draft board if this report is true

baltcowboy

Reaction score
It’s funny because I believe if the Chiefs knew the Cowboys liked Smith, they might have jumped us for him. KC is very aggressive and Andy loves the big boys.

baltcowboy

Reaction score
We are masters of the mind game.
Not really. This draft was lacking star power. This is the one and only draft you probably can get away with drafting Mazi in the first. Next year will be different. Six quarterbacks can be first round picks next season along with the elite skill players. Jerrah will get one of them.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Not really. This draft was lacking star power. This is the one and only draft you probably can get away with drafting Mazi in the first. Next year will be different. Six quarterbacks can be first round picks next season along with the elite skill players. Jerrah will get one of them.
Yeah I don't agree. I don't subscribe to the idea that nose tackles aren't important enough to draft in the 1st round but irrelevant cornerbacks are.

You can have both our starting corners. I'll take Mazi.

And if you think Jerry's going QB in the 1st round next year you are lost.

Aven8

Reaction score
Cowboys are always leaking this stuff pre draft. Really dumb. Probably all the grandkids in the room…..

baltcowboy

Reaction score
Yeah I don't agree. I don't subscribe to the idea that nose tackles aren't important enough to draft in the 1st round but irrelevant cornerbacks are.

You can have both our starting corners. I'll take Mazi.

And if you think Jerry's going QB in the 1st round next year you are lost.
It’s possible let the season play out. If this team wets the bed in the playoffs again who is he going to blame? We lost to San Francisco two years in a row because of the quarterback. You think Jerry will ignore a 3rd time?

Rayman70

Reaction score
We liked La porta best at TE but not at 26. Thats very simple. The NFL has a luv fest with the Bills, not so much with Jerry Jones and the Cowboys. So they aint about to change the false narrative they are promoting daily.

Rayman70

Reaction score
Cowboys are always leaking this stuff pre draft. Really dumb. Probably all the grandkids in the room…..
was leaked purposely. At draft time every team wants certain rumors floated and repeated by the media. We drafted the guys we targeted. Bills had 0 to do with it.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
No one else I heard of had La porta ranked over either Kincaid or Meyer.

That frankly makes me question the quality of our draft board if this report is true
I told all of you before the draft that Laporta should be ranked as close if not higher than Mayer.

The Lions also took Laporta ahead of Mayer.

So it’s probably fair to say several teams had Laporta rated higher than the fans and mockers did.

Kolemmitt

Reaction score
was leaked purposely. At draft time every team wants certain rumors floated and repeated by the media. We drafted the guys we targeted. Bills had 0 to do with it.
Yep. I don't think Jerry is clever, but MM and DQ are. They finally coached him up on how to approach the draft.