Video: Are Cowboys a Top 5 team in NFC?

Brax

Reaction score
Weird how they didn't mention garbage time at all. Only that they don't care how good their performance was if they didn't ultimately win the game which every athlete from every sport says. Also this also wasn't even from last season which is the season you referred to.

A wise man once said "it's better to STHU, than make stuff up".

Also it's not "for starters" if you have no additional evidence following the post :facepalm:

The Cowboys took the opening possession of the game and marched downfield for a touchdown. They didn't score again until garbage time
https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/...-stymies-dak-prescott-in-convincing-win/live/

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I honestly don't recall you ever explaining that to me. It might have either been someone else or I just missed it somehow. Maybe we just took each other too seriously with the insults and all. Anyhow, I guess we could try a little harder to get along. I know it won't be easy but I'm willing to give it a shot. Anyway, thanks for your service, though. I did seven years for the Army and the National Guard. Got out 1 year after the Cuban missile crisis. ;)
Thank you my cowboy brother . Do you know the way the world is right now I think everyone’s on edge. I don’t hold grudges and I can tell you don’t either

Big D

Reaction score
We've got a top offense but our defense fell short. I think MM addressed our main shortcomings immediately bringing in Poe and McCoy. With Hill having a year under his belt being better and an incoming Gallimore, I think it will be enough. So IMO, yes we will have a top 5 team.

Brax

Reaction score
You didn't even link the right game lol.
Wasn't about that game it was another view of his performance in a game and garbage time in general that many say that garbage time doesn't exist. I think even Dak understands garbage time and we know Wade does. . Dak isn't the only QB to rack up stats in GT that is understood but when Dak is mentioned all of a sudden there is no such thing. . 8-8 means there was a lot of garbage time last season and he owns that.

Arkyvarminter

Reaction score
Wentz
49ers
Saints
Seahawks
Buccaneers
Vikings

We know those 6 are better. Embarrassingly better in the case of Wentz.

Packers and Rams are arguably better.

I'd put the Cowboys somewhere in the 7-9 range in the NFC. Not sure they're much better than teams like the Bears and Cardinals to be honest.

Will your opinion change when we beat the brakes off of the Rams on opening night?

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score
Wasn't about that game it was another view of his performance in a game and garbage time in general that many say that garbage time doesn't exist. I think even Dak understands garbage time and we know Wade does. . Dak isn't the only QB to rack up stats in GT that is understood but when Dak is mentioned all of a sudden there is no such thing. . 8-8 means there was a lot of garbage time last season and he owns that.

What? Lol.

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
32 teams. They all have garbage time points. So

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
Thank you my cowboy brother . Do you know the way the world is right now I think everyone’s on edge. I don’t hold grudges and I can tell you don’t either

You're right about this self-inflicted seclusion being a test of patience. I see it in many of us who display our tempers in many ways lately. I'm not one to hold a grudge. We all have our good days and bad ones. Let's not revert to our lesser selves in the future. Life is too short for that. I regret the things I said and I know you do, also. Peace. ;)

Last edited:

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Looks like garbage time has become real. Guess you missed the point.
I didn’t miss the point at all. Somethings are just cowboys fans. Think we’re the only team in the league

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
You're right about this self-inflicted seclusion being a test of patience. I see it in many of us who display our tempers in many ways lately. I'm not one to hold a grudge. We all have our good days and bad ones. Let's not revert to our lesser selves in the future. Life is too short for that. I regret the things I said and I know you do, also. Peace. ;)
I could not have said it better