Are Eagles fans some of the worst fans in the NFL?

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
The Eagles have been more successful than we have since our last SB and that's without winning a title.
And they have been to 1 SB in 37 years

Their fans have ''put up" with a lot just like every non-Pats fan the last 20 years

PA Cowboy Fan

Reaction score
And they have been to 1 SB in 37 years

Their fans have ''put up" with a lot just like every non-Pats fan the last 20 years
I wouldn't say every non-Pats fan. There have been quite a few other teams that have won a SB in that time even though the Pats have been the most successful..

Point-of-the-Star

Reaction score
I don't know how bad they are at the stadium, never been. But if you want to read some uncouth, raunchy fan posts (and lots of 'em) go read Bleeding Green Nation.

Blue&Silver

Reaction score
It depends on what you mean by worst. I believe they are a top 5 drawling fan base, so in that aspect they are one of the best. If the Eagles ever left the city the NFL would rush another team in there within 2 years.

Now if you're talking about conduct they have some bad dudes especially in the cheap seats. They are a big tailgating city, and those guys get liquored up before the game.. There are worse game crowds, they deserve the criticism they get most times.

I'll never forget the snow bowl With Buddy Ryan, and Jimmy Johnson. The week before Ryan choked on a porkchop bone or something? So when he came to Dallas we had fans throwing porkchops at him. When we went to Philly it had snowed and those guys packed ice chunks, and batteries in the snowballs, and were throwing them at Jimmy and the players. That was ugly. I remember the radio stations in the local area were egging fans on all week to retaliate.

Harpospoke

Reaction score
I heard the ESPN morning show interviewing some guy and they got around to talking about how dangerous it was to wear opposing gear at an Eagles game. They pretty much made a joke about it and laughed at the idea that someone could wear a Cowboys jersey and remain alive. Mike Golic actually called them "boisterous".

So yeah, they are pretty terrible and they think it's funny.

diver5000

Reaction score
Are they? Just got done watching Invincible with Mark Wahlburg. Philly fans have a reputation as being some of the worst fans. But I wonder..................they would never put up with a coach like Jason Garrett. He would have gotten run out of town years ago. He simply wouldnt last in towns like Philly or New York. But here in Dallas the guy gets a free pass. In fact, there are even fans that stick up for him and think he is a good coach. Imagine that? Is that a great fan or the worst type of fan?
No, they're the best fans in the league but you may be the biggest dallas whiner there is. :)

nightrain

Since 1971
Reaction score
Hmmm, let me think about that for a moment.

We know they are lacking intelligence

..and we know they are seriously lacking intelligence

Walker

Texas Ranger
Reaction score
They are the worst fans in the game and the only other team that comes close to them are the Oakland Raiders. The league should just disband both teams.