Are the Cowboys misusing the 53 man roster?

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
jobberone;2415917 said:
Stupid complaints. Or complaints where no one has thought about consequences. I like the everyone sucks the best. Genius. Although I confess to loving the fire them all, too.

Off with their heads. All of them. And take the rest out back and beat the crap out of 'em.

I guess it has to be all or nothing.

Either you must love everything or you must hate everything.

I prefer in-between myself.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
jobberone;2415935 said:
Those are exactly my thoughts. I don't mind complaining. But do it well and with thought.

That I can certainly agree with.

I guess I interpreted the post to mean that there are players not contributing in any meaningful fashion and when that's the case, why are they here?

That's my thinking anyway.

cowboyjoe

Reaction score
Well let me put it to you this way, we all know Flozell was hurt, heck he couldnt even raise his arm above his shoulder, now thats bad for an offensive linemen, then with his finger and hand swollen he couldnt jab with that hand, again, thats bad for an offensive linemen when he cant use one arm and hand.

Then, you said name another team that does that, the giants did it last year, with their offensive linemen and some of their young secondary. It seems that we only do that when a starter gets hurt.

Do, you remember what good ole wade said about using felix jones on special teams kickoff returns, i dont feel comfortable with him, etc. but when forced too, after austin got hurt, boom, felix lit up the team with a kickoff return for a touchdown.

Thats what im saying, good ole wade doenst put in players till he is pushed into it, and by then it might be too late.

I understand what your saying about one wrong play and your star qb could get hurt, in fact, need i remind you, Romo got hurt while flozell was playing with that bad shoulder, and this was after the linebacker, defensive linemen had gone around flozell several times. Anyone with any good common sense see that Flozell was having a hard time. Why wasnt Free or McQustain tried, but flozell kept getting beat, and he injured his arm and shoulder even more, while leading to romo getting hurt.

And I didnt say bring up all of the 8 practice squad players, i was suggesting maybe one, but main point was the players, berger, holland, mcquistain, free, not being used at all, yet they are taking up a roster spot.

BigDFan5

Cowboys Make me Drink
Reaction score
So the main point was that the backup OLinemen are backups? No team in the NFL rotates OLinemen

Flozell is better than any of those guys thats why he played while hurt

I swear if he would have sat out people would be calling him a ***** for not playing

ABQcowboyJR

Reaction score
It has been clear in my mind we do not manage our back field well at all. We have Felix, who managed to not get a carry in a game, and Choice who is solid and barely saw the field while felix was out. Something is not adding up in our "dual RB" scheme.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
BigDFan5;2416084 said:
So the main point was that the backup OLinemen are backups? No team in the NFL rotates OLinemen

Flozell is better than any of those guys thats why he played while hurt

I swear if he would have sat out people would be calling him a ***** for not playing

I think the main point is that if Free or McQuistan are so incapable that they're not brought in even for an injured Flozell Adams then they shouldn't be here.

If you can't even get on the field when the starter is injured, you're not really a backup, are you?

The same that an overaged Brad Johnson who is no longer of playing QB at the NFL level shouldn't be here either.

Much like the James Marten situation, a player who was useless to this team who shouldn't have been here.

Fortunately, that situation was corrected.

isawoj

Reaction score
nake;2415946 said:
The reason Wade doesn't feel comfortable with Choice is either he can't pick up his blocking assignments or he fumbles too much. We know he can run the ball pretty good.
I think you are drawing conclussions that there is no evidence to support. There has been no mentions of Choice not picking up blocking assignments or fumbling in practice.

Out of the huge crop of RB's in last year's draft, one area Choice stood out in was pass blocking.

BHendri5

Reaction score
He is not saying all those guys should get serious playing time, he's saying that Wade, needs to play the youg guys as well as back up guys when either the game allows it or an injury occurs.

The only way that you will get comfortable with guys is by playing them in games, practice is not like a game.

Wade is not the only coach to have that philosophy, Parcells was like that, in fact all of the old time coaches have that attitude.