Are the Pats tanking?

CowboyChris

Reaction score
am I the only one who thinks the Cheaters are tanking?? how in the heck do they get shut out at home 6-0? I didnt get to see much of that game, but in that weather and SD on a cross country trip, how in the world did they get shut out? I think i saw the last 3 games the Pats have held their last 3 opponents to 10 points or less and have lost all three.

CyberB0b

Village Idiot
Reaction score
They're just a really bad team. I thought Billy B would have been fired by now.

DFWJC

Reaction score
am I the only one who thinks the Cheaters are tanking?? how in the heck do they get shut out at home 6-0? I didnt get to see much of that game, but in that weather and SD on a cross country trip, how in the world did they get shut out? I think i saw the last 3 games the Pats have held their last 3 opponents to 10 points or less and have lost all three.
2nd or 3rd string QB, lost their starting running back early in game, already anemic on offense.
The fact that held the Chargers to a season-low in points says they were trying to win.

Aerolithe_Lion

Reaction score
2nd or 3rd string QB, lost their starting running back early in game, already anemic on offense.
The fact that held the Chargers to a season-low in points says they were trying to win.
I can’t understand why they don’t just tell Mac Jones to play like Dak Prescott. They must be tanking

Eddie

Reaction score
BB is neither evil nor a genius. He won nothing before TB12 and he's won nothing after TB12.

Time to take him out to the pasture. None of those trophies were because of him.

John813

Reaction score
Defensively, they aren't a powerhouse, but good enough to be above .500.

Offensively, they got spoiled by Brady being the guy. They have struggled for years to bring in legit weapons. Strung along Gronk, and the midget albino receivers while drafting bust after bust at WR.
They swung and missed at Jonnu smith and Hunter Henry in FA, and have JAGs at receiver. Their RB's are/were decent but not good enough to carry a team. And they have a QB with negative confidence in Mac Jones and then journeymen.

1942willys

Reaction score
BB is neither evil nor a genius. He won nothing before TB12 and he's won nothing after TB12.

Time to take him out to the pasture. None of those trophies were because of him.
Someone who obviously only watches ESPN.
Tell me
Who was the GM during that entire period?
Who decided the roster?
Who decided what FA's to get and who to keep?
Who hired the staff?
Who made the game time decisions?
20 years worth of winning and being THE TEAM OF THE NFL
are you really trying to say that was Tom Brady?

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
The past three games the Patriots have allowed 10, 10, and 6 points. They are 0-3 in those games.

So the way their defense is playing, I don't think they are tanking. It's just that they have one of the worst offenses we have seen in a long time.

IAmLegend

Reaction score
Belichik is a Defensive Coach, and they currently have the #8 ranked Defense in the league. Their defense has actually been good. As the poster above me noted, they've only allowed 26 total points the past 3 games.

Their offense is just abysmal. Their O-Line stinks, they don't have much talent at their skill positions, and the statue that is Mac Jones simply isn't that guy. Bill O'Brien is their Offensive Coordinator -- he calls the plays. He'e been bad everywhere he's been in the NFL.

They need to revamp their offense and that starts at the QB position. They're likely going to draft Drake Maye out of North Carolina with the 2nd or 3rd Pick in the draft if I were a betting man, after Caleb Williams goes #1 to the Bears. Then I'd get a new Offensive Coordinator if I were them.

Last edited:

DFWJC

Reaction score
Defensively, they aren't a powerhouse, but good enough to be above .500.

Offensively, they got spoiled by Brady being the guy. They have struggled for years to bring in legit weapons. Strung along Gronk, and the midget albino receivers while drafting bust after bust at WR.
They swung and missed at Jonnu smith and Hunter Henry in FA, and have JAGs at receiver. Their RB's are/were decent but not good enough to carry a team. And they have a QB with negative confidence in Mac Jones and then journeymen.
Looking at their schedule, I don't see why anyone would think that team should be above .500.

John813

Reaction score
Looking at their schedule, I don't see why anyone would think that team should be above .500.
If Mac Jones actually progressed and not declined they would of been in a lot better shape.

They've held their last 3 opponents at or under 10 points. And outside of those two blowouts to dallas and new Orleans they've been in close games.

Flamma

Reaction score
Someone who obviously only watches ESPN.
Tell me
Who was the GM during that entire period?
Who decided the roster?
Who decided what FA's to get and who to keep?
Who hired the staff?
Who made the game time decisions?
20 years worth of winning and being THE TEAM OF THE NFL
are you really trying to say that was Tom Brady?
Yeah, Belichick is the best coach with an elite QB. They went to how many SBs while Rodgers and Brees only went to one? Had Rodgers been on the Patriots instead of Brady, he'd have a lot of rings too. Now the Sith lord is looking to grab another elite QB in the 2024 draft.

Flamma

Reaction score
The past three games the Patriots have allowed 10, 10, and 6 points. They are 0-3 in those games.

So the way their defense is playing, I don't think they are tanking. It's just that they have one of the worst offenses we have seen in a long time.
They are the first team to lose three games in a row while giving up 10 points or less since the 1930s.

JustChip

Reaction score

Every season that passes with the Patriots being non-competitive further fuels the “it was all TB12.” Kind of like Jerry since Jerry.

JustChip

Reaction score
They’re tanking, but by design.