Are the Ravens (Flacco) guaranteeing victory against Dallas?

AMERICAS_FAN

Reaction score
Flacco quoted from a Baltimore Article:

"We're going to go there ready to play," Flacco said. "We've got two games left to get some wins and prove that we're a playoff team, and that's exactly what we're going to do."

Flacco didn't say we hope to prove we're a playoff team; he said they exactly would become one by winning their last two, including this upcoming game at Dallas. Yes, I know, may will chalk this us to Flacco being and speaking confidently, but really, he's going beyond that and passive-aggressively guaranteeing a win against Dallas, except he's being a little too chicken-chit in not coming right out and saying that.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
AMERICAS_FAN;2499652 said:
Flacco quoted from a Baltimore Article: "We're going to go there ready to play," Flacco said. "We've got two games left to get some wins and prove that we're a playoff team, and that's exactly what we're going to do."

Flacco didn't say we hope to prove we're a playoff team; he said they exactly would become one by winning their last two, including this upcoming game at Dallas. Yes, I know, may will chalk this us to Flacco being and speaking confidently, but really, he's going beyond that and passive-aggressively guaranteeing a win against Dallas, except he's being a little too chicken-chit in not coming right out and saying that.

I think he is being honest from their stand point and the importance of the game to them. I expect Dallas feels the same way

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Baltimore can prove that they are a playoff-caliber and still lose against us. Case in point. We lost to Pittsburgh, but proved that we're one of (if not) the best team in the league by giving that game to them. We followed that defeat by proving that we can beat the best in the league by not beating ourselves after kicking the Giants' butt. If anything, both teams have equal points to prove, but the better team will win and that's all that really matters.

NextGenBoys

Reaction score

"We're going to go there ready to play," Flacco said. "We've got two games left to get some wins and prove that we're a playoff team, and that's exactly what we're going to do."

Nice way to spin that, Ed.

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
What exactly would you like the QB of a team to say?

"Gosh I sure hope we're able to beat the Cowboys and show we're a playoff team. I sure hope that's what happens."

Nothing wrong with what Flacco said. He should feel that way otherwise he shouldn't be playing in the NFL.

Primetime42

Reaction score
I wish he was.

Then I could respond by saying "Who the hell is Joe Flacco?"

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
BraveHeartFan;2499797 said:
What exactly would you like the QB of a team to say?
Flacco: "Will you guys please block Ware??? For God's sakes, he's killing me!!! He's going to knock my jock off!!! Wait a minute!!! I can't even feel my pelvis now!!! AAAAAAGGGGGGHHHHH!!!!"

Nexx

Reaction score
i would hope that both teams believe 100% that they can and will beat the other team. i have no problems with players on the other team guaranteeing a victory.

Boyzmamacita

CowBabe Up!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Nexx;2499925 said:
i would hope that both teams believe 100% that they can and will beat the other team. i have no problems with players on the other team guaranteeing a victory.
Being confident is fine. Guarantees are silly unless your name is Jimmy Johnson and you get drunk and call some radio station before the NFC Championship. That being said, I don't think Flacco guaranteed anything.

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score

The reasonable side of me says - he only meant the bold part.

The FANATIC/HOMER in me says - post that on the bulletin board in 3-inch headlines.

:laugh1:

1fisher

Reaction score
DallasEast;2499881 said:
Flacco: "Will you guys please block Ware??? For God's sakes, he's killing me!!! He's going to knock my jock off!!! Wait a minute!!! I can't even feel my pelvis now!!! AAAAAAGGGGGGHHHHH!!!!"

harrrrrdeeeeeeeee har har :D

zeromaster

Reaction score
I'm really having trouble seeing what's so inflammatory about those quotes. They know what they have to do, just like Dallas does.

Damn, some people can find anything to get worked up about...
:banghead: