Are the Ravens (Flacco) guaranteeing victory against Dallas?

RoadRunner

Reaction score
AMERICAS_FAN;2499652 said:
Flacco quoted from a Baltimore Article:

"We're going to go there ready to play," Flacco said. "We've got two games left to get some wins and prove that we're a playoff team, and that's exactly what we're going to do."

Flacco didn't say we hope to prove we're a playoff team; he said they exactly would become one by winning their last two, including this upcoming game at Dallas. Yes, I know, may will chalk this us to Flacco being and speaking confidently, but really, he's going beyond that and passive-aggressively guaranteeing a win against Dallas, except he's being a little too chicken-chit in not coming right out and saying that.

Nah, that is just typical football speak. I would expect it from him, and anyone else in the same situation.

Daudr

Reaction score

"We're going to go there ready to play," Flacco said. "We've got two games left to get some wins and prove that we're a playoff team, and that's exactly what we're going to do."

Flacco didn't say we hope to prove we're a playoff team; he said they exactly would become one by winning their last two, including this upcoming game at Dallas. Yes, I know, may will chalk this us to Flacco being and speaking confidently, but really, he's going beyond that and passive-aggressively guaranteeing a win against Dallas, except he's being a little too chicken-chit in not coming right out and saying that.

Flacco might want to worry about the names of the trains that are going to hit him on Saturday instead - Ware, Ellis, James, and Ratliff.

Boysboy

Reaction score
BraveHeartFan;2499797 said:
What exactly would you like the QB of a team to say?

"Gosh I sure hope we're able to beat the Cowboys and show we're a playoff team. I sure hope that's what happens."

Nothing wrong with what Flacco said. He should feel that way otherwise he shouldn't be playing in the NFL.

If Patrick Crayton had said that, he would get pillared on this forum.

BTW-Flacco played poorly against the Steelers-he needs to man up and shut up.

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score

Is that you Ed Werder?

******EDIT****** That'll teach me to read the whole thread.

Still......is that you Ed.

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
Boysboy;2500398 said:
How would you feel if Patrick Crayton said this?

It would be just as silly to think he's guaranteeing a victory but picking on Ed is just fun right now.