Are there any 'tidbits' on Duane Goodrich?

Banned_n_austin

Benched
Reaction score
...I mean, we get the low down on Martha Stewart everyday...What she's eating, what time she took her second doo of the day, who she's playing nice with and who she isn't etc etc.

I don't care about Martha Stewart.

Do you guys?

Hell no we don't!

But Duane Goodrich was once a DALLAS COWBOY for cryin' out loud!

Does the media give us even a scrap as to how many busters Duane Goodrich has had to get ill on?

Do we get even a 15 second piece on who his homies be?

Or how he's adjustinating to the 'Big House'.

None-a-dat. :cool:

Not even some insight from the ex-Cowboy himself on what it's like to go from living your best dream, to having that all go to pot in a split second and living your worst one.

Maybe I'm wrong, but I think the media likes Martha Stewart better than our old "shut down corner" prospect.

Someone in the media needs to look at thier priorities.

Midswat

Benched
Reaction score
Banned_n_austin said:
Simma don nah. This is a serious issue, Middie. No need to get so hateful and hasty.

I'm simmah'd . . .

I just figured someone had to respond to this stupid thread . . .

:p

Banned_n_austin

Benched
Reaction score
Midswat said:
I'm simmah'd . . .

I just figured someone had to respond to this stupid thread . . .

:p

Hey bro., I WOULD like to hear some 'tid bits' on Duane Goodrich.

Seriously.

:cool:

I wander if he's had to get gangster on anyone for trying to perpetrate.

You know how it be.

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
I would imagine it has something to do with the fact Martha didn't kill someone and she is a whole heck of a lot richer.

I didn't even know Big Ole Nate Newton was out until Madden said he saw him at the Philly MNF game.

Banned_n_austin

Benched
Reaction score
Mugshot__Dwayne-Goodrich.jpg

BrownSugar

One Classy Lady
Reaction score
Well here's your lil' tid bit on Goodrich..he's not in the Big House, he's out and free and has been for a while. As a matter of fact, he was at this party that I went to at this new club called Purgatory in Dallas, Sunday night. I also have seen him at any party I have been to for the last 6 months for that matter.

It's amazing how someone can kill 2 people and is allowed to wander around freely..

TheDuke

How 'Bout Dem Cowboys
Reaction score
Yeagermeister said:
I would imagine it has something to do with the fact Martha didn't kill someone and she is a whole heck of a lot richer.

I didn't even know Big Ole Nate Newton was out until Madden said he saw him at the Philly MNF game.

i didn't know newton was out either till i saw him at a high school game at texas stadium a few weeks ago. dude is absolutely huge.

RedLine

Reaction score
BrownSugar said:
Well here's your lil' tid bit on Goodrich..he's not in the Big House, he's out and free and has been for a while. As a matter of fact, he was at this party that I went to at this new club called Purgatory in Dallas, Sunday night. I also have seen him at any party I have been to for the last 6 months for that matter.

It's amazing how someone can kill 2 people and is allowed to wander around freely..

I thought he got time for that conviction. Did he not have to go, or is he just out already?

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
BrownSugar said:

Sounds like either you are stalking him or he's stalking you
wink_2.gif

Eddie

Reaction score
Did he get to keep his signing bonus? If so, he's still a rich man.

BrownSugar

One Classy Lady
Reaction score
Yeagermeister said:
Sounds like either you are stalking him or he's stalking you
wink_2.gif
I love your avatar, that's hilarious...

Trust me, I would never stalk a murderer. Now, Denzel Washington, that's a different story :D ..

BrownSugar

One Classy Lady
Reaction score
RedLine said:
I thought he got time for that conviction. Did he not have to go, or is he just out already?
I don't know how in the hell he's out, but he must have a really good lawyer.

Banned_n_austin

Benched
Reaction score
BrownSugar said:

I know. It's also funny how the courts report to the media that so and so got 5 years. They don't mention that in 2 years they will be reviewed for parole.

People rarely do even half of the time thier sentenced to.

In his defense, I don't think Duane Goodrich meant to kill anyone.

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
BrownSugar said:
I love your avatar, that's hilarious...

Trust me, I would never stalk a murderer. Now, Denzel Washington, that's a different story :D ..
I like your avatar also
bravo.gif

Banned_n_austin

Benched
Reaction score
This piece is from cracksmoker.com

GOODRICH, DWAYNE

1/03
Police considered more charges Wednesday against Dallas Cowboys reserve defensive back Dwayne Goodrich, accused in a hit-and-run accident that killed two people. Goodrich, 24, was released from jail early Wednesday after posting $50,000 bond on two felony counts of manslaughter. Authorities said he also could be charged with failure to stop and render aid. Police say Goodrich was the driver of a car that slammed into the scene of an accident on North Dallas freeway early Tuesday. Three people were trying to help a man escape a burning car when the speeding car hit three people, killing two of them. The two men who died -- Joseph Wood, 21, and Demont Matthews, 23, -- were from Plano, Texas, and had been friends since childhood. Goodrich did not surrender to police until Tuesday night, almost 21 hours after the accident. Goodrich would not respond to reporters' questions as he left jail Wednesday. His agent, Stephen Zucker, who described his client as ``devastated,'' said the player would not comment. Goodrich was devastated by what happened, was not drunk at the time, and was ready to accept responsibility once he learned people had been injured, his attorney, Reed Prospere, said in story in the online edition of The Dallas Morning News on Wednesday. Prospere said Goodrich told him he initially thought that he avoided the accident site by swerving onto the shoulder. Goodrich thought he had hit only debris as he was driving home to suburban Coppell. The hit-and-run followed an accident in which a car had rear-ended a disabled tractor trailer rig and caught fire on Interstate 35. A passenger in the burning car got out and began trying to free the driver. Two men in another car pulled over and ran up to assist, police said. While they were doing that, said senior police Cpl. Diana Watts, the driver of the speeding car tried to swerve between the disabled vehicles and struck the rescuers. Matthews was dragged 155 feet by the car, according to police. He died at the scene. Wood died later. The driver of the burning car had minor injuries, while the third rescuer had a broken leg. Police said there were no skid marks to indicate the BMW's speed or that it tried to stop. Goodrich was seen at the at a topless club about two hours earlier, the online report said. ``Intoxication is not going to be an issue here. And we have ample witnesses to support that claim,'' Prospere said. The bar's general manager confirmed that. Reading from a written statement, Tommy Charalambopoulos said there is no recollection or financial record of Goodrich consuming alcohol. Goodrich was the Cowboys' top pick in the 2000 draft, taken 49th out of Tennessee in the second round.
http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news/ap/20030115/ap-cowboys-hitandrun.html
1/03
Former Dallas Cowboys defensive back Dwayne Goodrich was sentenced Tuesday to 7 1/2 years in prison and fined $20,000 for a hit-and-run accident that killed two men in January. A jury last week convicted Goodrich of criminally negligent homicide, and prosecutors had asked jurors to sentence him to 10 years in prison for each of the two criminally negligent homicide charges. Goodrich was released Tuesday night on $150,000 bond pending an appeal of his case that could take several months and is not expected to begin before Jan. 1. Demont Matthews, 23, and Joby Wood, 21, were trying to rescue a motorist from a burning car on Jan. 14 on an interstate when they were hit by Goodrich's car. “Mr. Goodrich, you can't bring my son back to me. You killed two innocent children. I know you know you did it,” Matthews' mother, Delores, said during the sentencing phase. Goodrich, 25, testified during the trial that he slammed on the brakes when he came upon a stalled vehicle in the road and was forced to swerve to the left, hitting Wood and Matthews and injuring another man. Goodrich said he originally believed, or hoped, he hit debris and left the scene. He surrendered to law officers hours later after contacting his mother and his attorney.
http://sports.yahoo.com/top/news?slug=ap-goodrichsentenced&prov=ap&type=lgns

Waffle

Not Just For Breakfast Anymore
Reaction score
BrownSugar said:

BrownSugar...How did he get out so soon? I thought his sentence was longer than 30 minutes. And now he's out and going out to parties again? :rolleyes: I sure hope he isn't visiting strip clubs and driving a vehicle again.

Do you know the story on why he's already been released even though I recall he was sentenced to several years in prision??

BrownSugar

One Classy Lady
Reaction score
Waffle said:
BrownSugar...How did he get out so soon? I thought his sentence was longer than 30 minutes. And now he's out and going out to parties again? :rolleyes: I sure hope he isn't visiting strip clubs and driving a vehicle again.

Do you know the story on why he's already been released even though I recall he was sentenced to several years in prision??
Pending an appeal according the article posted by banned..

On a side note, that was really saddening about what happened to Dimebag.