Are there going to be enough balls to go around?

Howboutdemcowboys31

Reaction score
With Julius, Terry, Witten, and TO, do you think theres going to be enough to go around? Julius im not worried about because i think we will remain a run first team, but do you think theres enough for Terry, Witten, and TO to keep them happy?

the kid 05

Individuals play the game, but teams beat the odds
Reaction score
oh there will be, we just have to worry about Drews arm going out

burmafrd

Reaction score
Terry and Witten will be OK- and it is reasonable to throw to TO more often since he is the biggest threat. As long as it is shown that TO is getting more chances then anyone else he should be content. A little psychological warfare technique might be adviseable: keep telling TO that we expect big plays from every catch he makes- and keep that up all season long. Get him to be thinking that we are relying on him to make the big plays. Keep him thinking we need him that much.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Witten will only care if he has some sort of performance clause in his contract. He's a team-first kind of player.

I doubt that Glenn will complain as long as his role is defined in the offense. Will he be the designated deep threat for the team? If so, he will probably be quiet as long as Bledsoe attempts two or three deep pass per game to him.

Jones should shut up and concentrate on getting through the season unscathed. He has the talent to be the heir-apparent to Smith, but hasn't fully demonstrated it yet because of injuries.

Owens? Who knows?

spook930

Reaction score
yeah buddy terry and witten will get theirs along with T.O

we will T.O as a decoy some time to open running with jj

with double coverage on T.O jw and tg should have some good matchups they could win

Cbz40

The Grand Poobah
Reaction score
DallasEast said:
Witten will only care if he has some sort of performance clause in his contract. He's a team-first kind of player.

I doubt that Glenn will complain as long as his role is defined in the offense. Will he be the designated deep threat for the team? If so, he will probably be quiet as long as Bledsoe attempts two or three deep pass per game to him.

Jones should shut up and concentrate on getting through the season unscathed. He has the talent to be the heir-apparent to Smith, but hasn't fully demonstrated it yet because of injuries.
Owens? Who knows?

No truer words were ever spoken........durability is still a big question mark.;)

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Trust me when I say we have had a better collection of offensive weapons before. They didn't complain. They just collected super bowl rings.

Zippy Speedster

Reaction score
Terry will turn into a situational go-to guy at WR. If you think he'll be a focal point of this offense because he'll be sitting out there on an island alone...you haven't been paying much attention to Bill Parcell's down-your-throat style of football he plays. The issue going into each game will be how to stop TO and contain Jones...you better believe Bill will meet those challanges head on. Glenn will be used primarily on plays simply designed to stretch defenses or to throw them up a little from time to time by going to him instead of TO or Witten. Glenn I'm sure though will still light it up with 1 or 2 big catches a game playing from that role.

In fact before long I wouldn't be surprised to see Glenn utilized in that slot wr position, allowing Crayton alot more playing time opposite of TO. Cause when you come right down to it, TO, is all the bigplay we need out on that field, a possession type reciever with Crayton's hands imho fits the part better in that #2 when you got a guy like TO on the otherside. Not to mention Glenn is positively useless in the short passing game and could easily kill himself as fragile as he is. We need guys out there willing and able to go anywhere...Glenn imo is just not one of those guys, anymore. He allows us alot in some areas...but dissallows us even more in other areas. To have him on that field costs us.

slick325

Reaction score
There were enough balls to go around when Irvin, Harper and Novacek were the pass catchers and Emmitt was getting 300 plus carries a season. And there were enough balls in Indy with Harrison, Wayne and Stokley catching passes and Edge getting 1,500yds on the ground. This should be no different.

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
I hope they explained to Owens that it may not be a pass to TO often kind of deal... but in the same breath - If the game is on the line... you know who to call.....

callto.jpg

superpunk

Reaction score
TO requires about the same number of catches as Keyshawn did - he just does more with them.

There's plenty to go around.

Seven

Messenger to the football Gods
Reaction score
I know this is a serious thread and a good one, but reading the title I thought we were going to be asked to report to a local donation center or something.
WHEW!!!

SALADIN

Jumper
Reaction score
YoMick said:
I hope they explained to Owens that it may not be a pass to TO often kind of deal... but in the same breath - If the game is on the line... you know who to call.....

callto.jpg

Nice problem to have :cool:

And let's not forget that the Cowboys still have 2 30+ year old WR's, and nothing resembling a future #1 WR waiting in the wings.

I'd be surprised if Dallas is done at WR. And I still believe that at some point on day 1, they'll grab a young WR to provide some quality depth and talent at that position.