Are Tyrone & La’ell in shape and healthy?

CyberB0b

Village Idiot
Reaction score
I think Tyron will be fine, the past 3-4 years that neck/back issue was being managed instead of taking the 1 year hit and planning for it they tried to manage it and it blew up in there face.

He's relatively young, but isn't getting younger. That's lots of wear and tear.

fansince68

Reaction score
I think they get 2-3 more seasons with TSmith.

Martin is 30.

Collins has a bad hip and his contract is team friendly. They can get out after 2021. Why keep a player with a bad hip when you can draft a RT?
2 or 3 more seasons. But how many games per season. The injury bug rarely goes away as you age.

GMO415

Reaction score
We're drafting Swel at 10 and we can say goodbye to Tyron.

Dak_Attack_09

Reaction score
Both guys according to McCarthy are going through off season work outs. There is ample time for them to continue to work and be ready to go in training camp.

You mean the guy who wouldn't let the media record the practices so his fat butt couldn’t be exposed for being a non-creative, lazy bum & procrastinating coach.

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
I want to see some videos of these guys out & working and see movements in football drills. If they can’t do that right now they won’t be in football shape by the time season rolls out.

Need to make a investment on the OL.

I don’t need two broken neck OTs trying to protect Jerry’s $160 million dollar investment.

One of the keys to the season

DuncanIso

Reaction score
Both guys according to McCarthy are going through off season work outs. There is ample time for them to continue to work and be ready to go in training camp.

Collins is due 30 million $$$ in base over 2022-24.

this is not happening if his hip is jacked up.

they can cut him after 2021 and take a 13 mill cap hit.

saves 17 million.

which will be spent on our new RT.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
You mean the guy who wouldn't let the media record the practices so his fat butt couldn’t be exposed for being a non-creative, lazy bum & procrastinating coach.

No the HC of the team, beats the hell out of innuendos and crap you know nothing about. People making up their own BS is more than tiresome, you have legit info passing it on if not then you really have nothing to offer on the subject. Fact is this is not much of a sight to talk football people are too busy making up their own crap with no knowledge of what they are talking about as long as it is a slam on the team that is good enough

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Collins is due 30 million $$$ in base over 2022-24.

this is not happening if his hip is jacked up.

they can cut him after 2021 and take a 13 mill cap hit.

saves 17 million.

which will be spent on our new RT.

Chances are your right but the key word you used was IF, right now all that has been reported he is recovering and going through workouts, to me that is a good sign but only until they put the pads on will we know how ready and effective he is.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I want to see some videos of these guys out & working and see movements in football drills. If they can’t do that right now they won’t be in football shape by the time season rolls out.

Need to make a investment on the OL.

I don’t need two broken neck OTs trying to protect Jerry’s $160 million dollar investment.

We are barely into April. The season doesn't start for about 5 months, so saying their status today defines what their status will be at the beginning of the season doesn't make sense.

I don't disagree that some OL investment would be a good idea, and Tyron's health is always a concern, but it seems like you've already condemned these guys already, and are using flawed logic to do so.

Tussinman

Reaction score
The people that have been complaining about Tyron and telling us to get rid of him are all going to be the first people to rush to this forum in December when he makes the pro bowl and say "we have the best doctors in the game, of course he came back", "it was a corrective surgery so of course he feels better", "he's a hall of fame caliber player of course he overcame adversity"

Rayman70

Reaction score
everyone is a million bucks this time a year and feels great. lol...The problem is every year Smith misses games. Collins may be the one to worry about even moreso. Hip surgery and being out of shape go hand and hand. Plus he was already woefully out of shape in 2020. He has a long road ahead still IMO. We need to think oline as a draft priority.

Rayman70

Reaction score
and that sounds great...but its not the same as camp and real game speed. Time will tell.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
and that sounds great...but its not the same as camp and real game speed. Time will tell.

Of course it is the only sure way to know. Evidently the procedure he had went good and he is working out also good but until they put on the pads and have real physical contact you don't fully know.

plymkr

Reaction score
Would be very disappointed if they didnt, there is a lot of value hovering around 44, on both sides of the trenches, good DL and good OL,, there is a run right there on both Im believing.
Im really leaning on the trade back, because of the value in the 2nd round when DL like Nixon, and OL like Cosmi will be available.
Not say either of the two specifically, just their peer class,,, I can name off all of them if I had the time,, just didnt want to name most of the picks in the 2nd round.
As the draft gets closer I also am wanting a trade back scenario. I'd like to stock up on draft picks. To be honest I haven't been all that impressed with our 1st round defensive picks lately.
Taco
LIVE

I'd like a trade back and come away with 10 or more picks. The more picks the better chance of getting a Jay Ratliff, the less picks we have we stretch for need, ala Taco.