Are we at the point that we know how the top 5 will go?

cobra

Salty *******
Reaction score
It seems like, as we approach the draft, we know how the top 5 is going to go.

#1. Houston Texans - Reggie Bush.
#2. New Orleans Saints - Mario Williams.
#3. Tennessee Titans - Matt Leinart.
#4. New Jersey Jets - D'Brickashaw Ferguson.
#5. Green Bay Packers - A.J. Hawk.

Obviously if there are some trades, this could get messed up. But if everyone stays where we are at, is there any real argument that the draft would go differently than this?

Avery

The Dog that Saved Charleston
Reaction score
I wouldn't be so sure. N.O. could still trade down or take Ferguson instead. If they do, it's not out of the realm of possibility that Titans go VY and then the Jets take Leinart.

This draft is anything but concrete at this point. The only safe bet is Bush going #1.

Derinyar

Reaction score
I think theres a good chance that Leinart and Young go back to back.

Canadian BoyzFan

Reaction score
As Cowboy fan I try to figure out who will be gone for sure when we pick at 18. Here is my "for sure" list.

1-Reggie Bush
2-Da Brick
3-Mario Williams
4-Matt Leinart
5-Vince Young
6-AJ Hawk
7-Vernon Davis
8-Michael Huff
9-Winston Justice
10-H. Ngata
11-Broderick Bunkley
12-Jay Cutler
13-Jimmy Williams

The rest are up for grabs..... imo.

tm1119

Reaction score
Canadian BoyzFan said:
As Cowboy fan I try to figure out who will be gone for sure when we pick at 18. Here is my "for sure" list.

1-Reggie Bush
2-Da Brick
3-Mario Williams
4-Matt Leinart
5-Vince Young
6-AJ Hawk
7-Vernon Davis
8-Michael Huff
9-Winston Justice
10-H. Ngata
11-Broderick Bunkley
12-Jay Cutler
13-Jimmy Williams

from what i have seen and heard Williams is falling, a lot. he more in the 15-20 range now. but of course anything could happen.

Derinyar

Reaction score
tm1119 said:
from what i have seen and heard Williams is falling, a lot. he more in the 15-20 range now. but of course anything could happen.
I'm almost betting Jimmy Williams falls straight out of round 1. Some on the field concerns combined with what appears to be attitude problems is going to drop him like a rock.

Pokes28

Reaction score
And I wouldn't put Winston Justice in the "for sure going to be gone list." Just because he had a great workout doesn't erase some of the question marks.

David Harrell - Pokes
dwh

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
Derinyar said:
I'm almost betting Jimmy Williams falls straight out of round 1. Some on the field concerns combined with what appears to be attitude problems is going to drop him like a rock.

I agree...he's been massively overrated for some time...add to the above the painfully avewrage workouts and reports of him being pretty stupid (ie, had major problems at S getting people in the right positions and making the right calls) and you get a guy who will drop like a rock on draft day

honestly I doubt this guy is even on the Cowboys draft board...seems exactly like the kind of player Parcells loathes

David

Derinyar

Reaction score
dbair1967 said:
I agree...he's been massively overrated for some time...add to the above the painfully avewrage workouts and reports of him being pretty stupid (ie, had major problems at S getting people in the right positions and making the right calls) and you get a guy who will drop like a rock on draft day

honestly I doubt this guy is even on the Cowboys draft board...seems exactly like the kind of player Parcells loathes

David
I'm glad about that. Those guys either straighten out and become something great or, more likely, disappear into nothing.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Canadian BoyzFan said:

1-Reggie Bush
2-Da Brick
3-Mario Williams
4-Matt Leinart
5-Vince Young
6-AJ Hawk
7-Vernon Davis
8-Michael Huff
9-Winston Justice
10-H. Ngata
11-Broderick Bunkley
12-Jay Cutler
13-Jimmy Williams

I don't really think Justice is a lock either.

Canadian BoyzFan

Reaction score
He will not last past Arizona. Anyway, I stand by my list.....I'll come and eat crow if I'm wrong.

bobbie brewskie

Reaction score
leinhart will go to tennessee before VY just because the QB coach there worked with leinhart before.

i hate to see bush being the 1st overall but its gonna happen just like you said:
bush
williams
leinhart
young
hawk

brewers47

Reaction score
Derinyar said:

Cowboys have made that mistake once dont think they will do it again. They just cant pass on Williams he is just that good assuming he does fall to us.

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
brewers47 said:
Cowboys have made that mistake once dont think they will do it again. They just cant pass on Williams he is just that good assuming he does fall to us.

no, he really isnt THAT good

David

bobbie brewskie

Reaction score
brewers47 said:

he wont fall out of the first since 4 teams between pick 18 and 24 are in need of a DB, and dont count us out so that makes 5 teams right where he is projected to go. hell be gone in the first, but allen wont.

brewers47

Reaction score
Jimmy Williams

Draft Exchange Analysis:
An extremely talented young player who could make a major impact this fall ...
Spent his freshman season learning the free safety position under veteran Willie Pile ... Saw increased playing time as the season progressed and led the team in tackles during the Hokies' San Francisco Bowl win over Air Force ... Is a big, physical safety with cornerback skills ... Has confidence in his abilities and is not afraid to challenge a receiver ... Benefited from his game experience in the fall ... Picked up things quickly during the spring and settled into the position ... Plays aggressively and always seems to be around the football ... Needs to get stronger, but has good speed and athleticism ... Should continue to get better with additional playing time ... Has the ability to become one of the top young players in the country if he stays healthy ...

YIKES!!!!!!

Derinyar

Reaction score
brewers47 said:
Lets get a grip. Jimmy Williams isn't a Randy Moss level talent, if he was they would be projecting him up further. Very few people have said that about him. Most have him as a bottom half of the 1st type of player. The players with bottom half of the first type talent that have issues frequently slide further than that.